Mahogany Veneer Vanity
Good stuff as always, John.
jussi said:

John would those hinges (drawer under sink) work with inser doors?

Can you provide a link to both the hinge and drawer slides.

Looks great brw

Not sure I completely understand your question, so I'll answer as completely as I can. The hinges I used are for full overlay doors. The are the last one on the page in this link. They are a straight arm hinge and you use them with a 0 mm mounting plate. For inset doors you would use a fully cranked hinge, the 3rd one down on the page I linked, together with a 9 mm mounting plate.

For the main drawers, I bought the Blum Tandem with BluMotion drawer slides from AH Turf. Their website is poor, but hopefully these links will work OK. Here's a link to the 563H Series I used for 1/2" thick drawer boxes. I used the 21" long ones in these cabinets. OK, you also need locking devices, the things that attach the drawer box to the slides. I used the first ones down on this link. They are the most expensive version but they allow you to move the drawer up/down, left/right, and in/out, which makes fitting drawers with tight reveals MUCH easier, and are worth it to me. Bear in mind, you need to order both left and right side versions.

The pull out shelf/drawer in the right cabinet uses a Blum floot mount drawer slide system shown at this link. It comes as a complete kit, with locking devices included.

Note that there are accessories you can buy for Blum hinges. I bought cover caps to hide the screws on both the cups and hinge arms, and angle restriction clips for the right side door so it won't hit the wall. Lots of options with Blum products, which can make it rather confusing at times. The best advise I can give in that regard is to go to this link and read/download the information pertaining to whatever you are interested in.

John
That is gorgeous, always such impressive work from you.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
Magnificent. Mrs. Vick is one lucky lady to own this.

Was the front tilt hardware a pain the rear to install for you? I added one to my kitchen cabinets and I remember fighting that thing given there wasn't much room to work. I believe I used double sided carpet tape to hold the front after first mounting the hardware to the opening. I've done a couple of them now and they both took me much longer than I thought they would to get them perfectly adjusted.

Thanks. I had benefit of an open top so I could work from inside the cabinet to attach the drawer front. Otherwise, you are right, it would have been a real pain, although I think by carefully following the drawing included with the hinges you could bore the holes in the back of the drawer front and it would end up correct. Even though I had open access, I still had to fiddle with the final mounting quite a bit to get it to align correctly. So I'm leaving it attached as I transport it up to Ken's place, hoping to avoid any additional fiddling.

Despite the higher level of pain installing them compared to the lower door hinges, they are very nicely made units and work great after they are installed.

John
John, nice looking cabinet. Clean lines and love the color.
Furniture...The Art of a Furnituremaker

Earl Kelly
John, can you post a link to the drawer pulls from LV? They're in the style of what I'm looking for for my own modern-ish vanity.

Thanks
Paul