Delta 50-850
I picked up one of these Delta 50-850 very very cheap. My problem is I have a very small shop. The DC is about 8" to tall for the only place I have to put it. My question is....is there any reason the the top bag is so tall? Would it have a negative affect on the functioning of the collector? I was wanting to take the 8" out of the top bag.

Thanks
Evaluation is life
Could you replace the top bag with a filter?
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Unfortunately due to the angle of the ceiling I would not be able to put a canister filter on it.
Evaluation is life
I had one of those IIRC the casters were about 4 inches tall can you remove them ?
the bag you can just lower to were you want it and reclamp ? I believe there is no need to cut it down or shorten it permanently just fold it or whatever to the height you want and replace the band clamp
you of course would have to lower the rod that supports the bag mine had top and bottom filter bags rather than top filter and bottom plastic
you could also just lower the whole filter arrangement and use a shortened bottom bag buy using three straps were the three supports are now drill holes to match the current supports and lower to match the filter / drum and shorten the outlet hose to fit the lowered bags
the paper air filter as suggested would be way better of course
Thank for the info. I am struggling with space in the new shop. I have a 167 sq ft.....Plus there is a little add on that is 2' by 5'.....I am wanting to put the DC in that little add on.....It would be sealed of from the shop. I like that idea, for the noise and the fine dust.
Evaluation is life
I would shorten the hanging rod or just set a hook in the ceiling to hang it off and leave the bag to fill out as it sees fit.

IOW don't worry about it you need the filtration however it works out
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy