WoodRiver 100-Piece Drill Bit Set $25 @ Woodcraft
WoodRiver 100-Piece Combo Brad Point And Twist Drill Bit Box

Item #158296 WoodRiver
Save 50% Now Through June 24, 2016

$49.99 Sale! $24.99
- See more at: http://www.woodcraft.com/product/158....43gvr40y.dpuf

Shipping is the usual steep charge plus sales tax in most states.

WoodRiver® 100-piece drill bit set includes six to ten each of 14 sizes ranging from 1/16" to 5/16". A metal storage case with an insert to organize bits by size is included.

10 HSS twist bits each of sizes: 1/16", 5/64", 3/32" and 7/64"

3 HSS twist bits ea of sizes: 1/8", 9/64", 5/32", 11/64", 3/16", 13/64", 7/32", 15/64", 1/4" & 5/16"

3 high carbon steel brad-point bits each of sizes: 1/8", 9/64", 5/32", 11/64", 3/16"

3 high carbon steel brad-point bits each of sizes: 13/64", 7/32", 15/64", 1/4" and 5/16"

Hinged steel case with latch and convenient carry handle; Molded insert with size labels to keep bits organized
- See more at: http://www.woodcraft.com/product/158....43gvr40y.dpuf
Link doesn't work
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Strange. That was Woodcraft's link.
Try this one - http://tinyurl.com/drill-bits-set
Seems they run this deal every summer. I got one, for half off a few summers ago.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Are these any good, price seems to good to be true ?

Steve
I bought mine on sale a few years ago when they only contained 'regular' bits. They came in a red metal box. Then they had a sale on brad point bits that came in a black box. And now they are offering the mixed set. (The red box had much better clasps than the black box.) Mine have worked well considering they only cost pennies per bit. I'm happy with mine.

Lonnie

PS I bought a set for each of my girls at Christmas time for gifts.
John Economaki on cheap Asian drill bits.

The pertinent part of the story below

"I thought I was shocked until I walked into the factory section that made twist drill bits. Here they were making, for the AMERICAN MARKET, those 59, 89, 119 pc drill sets found at the box stores and other discount joints for $19.95. Again, there were rows of women who were dipping the bits in what looked like Easter egg dye.

I asked the interpreter what they were doing. He replied, “They are making all the bits the same color as these four.” The four bits he pointed out were the 1/8”, ¼”, 3/8” and the ½”.

I asked why.

I learned that those four bits were properly hardened. The remaining 115 bits were made with what I call pot metal. The reason?

“Because those are the only four hole sizes that Americans use.”

I asked, as politely as I could, if there was any guilt or remorse for duping their American customers. The reply was shocking.

“In America, if it cost less than $20, nobody complains about quality—everybody in China knows this.”"

BTW in case you don't know him, John is Bridge City Tool works, and his stuff may be viewed as expensive, but it would be hard to find someone categorize it as junk. Some years ago I pointed out to John that these WoodCraft bits appeared to be SS. His reply was that was easier to color than hardened metal.

No free lunch. It's a choice, and likely why they give you so many bits. You will go through these cheap bits, they won't preform near as well as a quality bit. Quality bits cost more, give better results, and you can sharpen them so that one will last quite a long time.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
You're right Steve they are cheap bits. I have single bits that cost more than that set. However, it's about application and what price/quality ratio is the most economical for a particular job. These are throw-away bits and if you have one of Pat Warner's drill press tables/jigs than these probably aren't the ones you want to use.
Window Guy said:

Are these any good, price seems to good to be true ?

It has been vaguely reassuring to have a big stock of bits.

I just started using the bits last night. The first 3/16" twist bit I grabbed wasn't straight. Tossed.

I grabbed a 3/16" brad bit, and it was reasonably straight and got the job done. Pretty slow cutting in walnut. Reminded me of a super-cheap brad-point set I once had. (I've also got a set of colt twinland bits that are much better)

Matt
Thanks I kinda figured that, you get what you pay for usually. I hate it though when they take advantage of us. Another reason to bring back to AMERICA.

Steve