Found at 50s car show
This appears to be in good structural and mechanical condition. The throat adjustment is smooth. The sole seems good after five minutes on a 220 stone.

The patent date is Dec 28 1886

The blade projection mechanism is fairly tight. I have tried the usual penetrating oils with very little luck. The problem appears to be in the pivot, not the wheel threads. Any suggestions?

I know very little about this plane. Any related information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

" />
" />
" />
" />
Looks like the early version of the #18.
--- info from Patrick --
http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan3.htm

Something sticky- use PB Blaster, Kroil, or 50-50 mix acetone and auto trans fluid. ( wd-40 only when nothing else left on earth)

te
Looks like a Stanley #18. Check it out here on Patrick Leach's site.
For the tight adjuster:
I would take the adjuster nut off so the pivot piece is free. Then oil the pivot and work it back and forth until it loosens. It should move freely like a lazy blade in a pocket knife.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
+1, that's the issue.

But when you remove the nut, take a sharpie and mark which side of the nut is the top side; fudge always reverse that nut, fully half of the blocks I find have that nut in backwards.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Kroil
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$