I think she is hooked.
She said it was the most fun she ever had in the shop with dad. We are still both learning. I roughed out a bowl blank afterwards for her to finish next weekend.

(edit, pic is actually a couple of weeks old. Roughed out bowl will be a month old and should be fully acclimated by the time she finishes it)
There are two kinds of people: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring - Carl Sagan
Congratulations to the new student, it is great she is having fun and hope she continues to do so.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member

Start the stay-out-of-the-line-of-fire lessons with that first bowl. Please set a good example for her, too. There is not a lot of risk from a 10" bowl, but good habits will serve both of you later if/when you upgrade the lathe. I often wish that someone had convinced me of that when I only had a mini-lathe.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I am VERY happy for both of you and to many more years of turning together.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
That's great. Turning was the one thing my son liked, and now he wants me to show his friends.
That's great Frank, good to see some of the younger generation take an interest in turning and someone to teach them.Good for you.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member