Gerstner and Imitators
I did an online search and found that the hardware kit alone is $150. Yikes! Maybe you can buy the cheap import just for the hardware alone and then make a better case with drawers.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
It was similar to the catalog offering Salmo linked, but not the same. New but lacking tag and seemed a store prop; mostly out of reach. The catalog version is better suited for fly tying.

Thanks for the source clarification. Do companies representing fine craftsmanship and quality expect to survive when peddling secondary products of inferior workmanship? [Mostly, a rhetorical question.]

This was my first experience with Gerstner. If I weren't attuned to quality of construction, this would have been a bad experience. Racking will destroy the drawers in short order.
I picked up real nice old box made by company out of Ohio also, Pilloid was filled with machinists tools I had to take it with the small lathe I bought didn't even look at it or inside. got rid of lathe, tool chest is one item I have that will not part with. full of old machinists tools. I actually don't even use the tools in box just take them out clean oil put back in box.
I made my own floor model. African Mahogany and it cost a lot less.
Angel

[Image: wp5a7bb666_0f.jpg]
Jim

THANK OUR MILITARY THAT WE ARE FREE

If I accepted, that'd mean I didn't have any integrity..
AND then I'd meet your expectations as a politician..
Fred Kingston...052708
MSRiverDog: nice work!
Jim,
Nice work!  I like the deeper drawers.  That's one of the drawbacks of a Gerstner - most of the drawers are pretty short.  What did you use for finish?

Lonnie
I used Waterlox, nice but not my favorite, figured I'ld give it a try, always liked the Sam Maloof stuff but usually use MinWax, gonna try the General oil based finishes when I run out of the Waterlox. I very seldom use any stains and like the warmer color oil based finishes give.
Jim

Fred Kingston...052708
That is a nice looking cabinet! 

I would say, from my peanut gallery position, that the shorter depth box works for metal working storage. (How much weight can they carry?) I would want something deeper for woodworking tool storage, however.

Edit PS. Do you have any MSRD boards that use tape stretchers? Like two-for-one? A ten-inch trout at 20-inch measured?
I believe they are 100# rated, full length, self closing.

Edit PS. Do you have any MSRD boards that use tape stretchers? Like two-for-one? A ten-inch trout at 20-inch measured?
Sorry Bruce, no such luck. LOL
Jim

Fred Kingston...052708