Anyone use cordless Ryobi or Porter Cable 18 ga brad nailers?
meackerman said:

so what how did WJ rate them?

The Woodworkers Journal article gave both nailers good ratings, especially considering their economy pricings. RYOBI P320 has a few features that the PCC790LA does not have. Ryobi is “bare” but when standard battery and charger are added in it is still slightly cheaper than the PC. However, the Ryobi is interchangeable with other tools in their One+ battery/charger system, so it could be cheaper still. PC is a pound lighter to handle.

If I were judging solely on the reviews in the WWJ article, I would choose the Ryobi. Thus, the need to ask for comments from users in real time working situations. That gives room for any comments on customer service issues you may have experienced. Your comments add substance and balance to the WWJ article.

I have the Ryobi P320 and used it to do the custom shelves/desk in my office. Did the whole thing (4x floor-celing book shelves, two cabinets and the desk top) on one battery. Only issue was it WILL fire when empty. Its not light, but was reliable (over 500 nails) for the job and used the batteries I had on hand. No complaints at all from me.....
I have an older Porter Cable 16g and 18g nailer. I also have a Hitachi 15g and a Bostitch stapler. I am not sure I would buy new Porter Cable. Have you also looked at Hitachi or Bostitch? If I was looking at the current Porter Cable I think I would look at Harbor Freight also. Their pneumatic stuff usually gets good reviews. I also wouldn't hesitate to buy reconditioned. My Hitachi is.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
allrighty, so i went ahead and grabbed the ryobi on friday. they had the ridgid and milwaukee at H-D also.

the guy i was talking to told me he hadn't seen one ryobi (18g or 16g) be returned. but, he did have some of the ridgid (18g) come back saying they just weren't setting the nails. i think the milwaukee was a bit newer for them, and the price was just way too high for me.

as far as bulkiness goes -- i think all 3 were pretty much equal there -- at least they all kinda felt that way to me.

so, i also grabbed a charger and one battery for $50. the guy was cool and recommended that, cause when the holidays roll around, the ryobi batteries go on sale.

got the thing home, charged the battery, and successfully shot 2" brads into red oak, so i was pretty impressed! the biggest thing i noticed is that there's a delay after you pull the trigger before the nail actually fires. but, once i realized that, it wasn't a problem.

so, one more recommendation for the ryobi -- kinda hard to beat that price compared to some of the others.
Picked up the Ryobi 16 ga a month ago for use in my basement remodel.  I have a perfectly good portable compressor and air nailers but wanted to see if being completely cordless was worth the cost of entry.

After using the Ryobi I have to say Im quite impressed.  Yes its heavy compared to an air nailer, but Im not a pro so Im not exactly firing 1000 rounds a day.  Trimmed out a couple doors and lolly column posts on one full charge of a 4aH battery.  It feels like it doesnt drive to full depth as the battery gets depleted (normal, Im guessing) but other than that it was handy to use.  It does beat dealing with hose(s) strewn everywhere.

Im debating the 18 ga version as well.  I dont have a 16ga air nailer so the 16 ga Ryobi filled a need, technically.  But I have loads of air powered 18 ga brad nailers.
if anyone's interested, but doesn't have any of the ryobi one+ stuff, there's this:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-18-Volt.../207153526
Sorry, folks. I posted the resolution to my original question in a separate thread - "Thank you Tool Fairy." Never noted it here.

I ended up buying a Sears 18 ga. electric nailer for about $50 with a gift card I had forgotten about. Handles 5/8 to 1-1/4 brads. Fits my needs and does a good job, so I'm happy (and still solvent). Used it on two projects flawlessly so far.

Both Ryobi and Porter Cable are very popular brands when it comes to Nailer. Among Ryobi the new technology invented by them named as Airstrike has 3 popular models and they are Ryobi p320, P325 and P330. 

Here is a comparison of these Ryobi nailers (https://toolzfinder.com/ryobi-airstrike-...p325-p330/) that should attract real users.

Interested person can check the authentic summary of these items.
(06-29-2016, 09:54 PM)wood2woodknot Wrote: I'm interested in any comments about your experiences. I don't anticipate heavy usage and don't want to get into compressors and all that. Just looking for a not-too-expensive set-up. Senco and DeWalt are beyond the budget. Dependability? Warranty and service?

For the money of a cordless air nailer I'd buy a combo kit and get a nice little compressor with a 18 gauge nail gun, 23 gauge pinner and a 1/4" crown stapler.
Can't speak to the brad nailer, but I had the Ryobi finish nailer for about a week. I was not happy with the performance, so I returned it. To be clear, it wasn't that it didn't work well, it was that it didn't work at all (ie- wouldn't set nail heads below surface in baseboard trim). I'm saving up for the DeWalt, and using the old air gun in the meantime.