Which Kreg jig screws to use??
I am going to be building a Big Green Egg table out of red oak. You ask why red oak? Because that's what I have on hand and it was free.

The legs are 4" and the framing is 2"by 4". The 2by4s will be screwed into the 4"legs? I will be using my Kreg jig but am unsure what size/length screws to use. I assume that since this is hardwood I will need to use the fine screws but what size/length?

Thanks
I would use the longest screw you can get likely coarse threads or figure out some better joinery 2 1/2" minimum

green eggs are not light.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I thought you were supposed to use fine screws with hardwood??
You are. Are your 2x4"'s hardwood, too?
The longest screw I see in Kreg's arsenal is 2-1/2". Red oak won't last very long outside so no matter what joinery you use you'll be making another one in a few years. But I wouldn't use pocket screws if the Big Green Egg weighs a lot. Why not use exposed screws with something like Spax or Timber Loc timber screws? Pretty darned simple to put something together and incredibly strong. Both make exterior rated products, too.

John
Yes. All hardwood
The table will be under a covered porch and I will also have a vinyl cover for it.
I wanted to make the table look nice and not have exposed screws. When I look at some tables that people have built, a lot of them have used Kreg jig but most are screwing into a soft wood such as cedar.
Randy C said:

I thought you were supposed to use fine screws with hardwood??

Yes. Course with soft or ply; Fine with hardwoods. Wood selection aside, I would recommend using their Blue-kote or stainless screws for outdoor applications.
Try McFeely's. They have pocket hole screws up to 6" in length, including screws rated for exterior use. Lots of choices. Unfortunately, they are all coarse threaded. You don't have to use a pocket hole screw in a pocket hole. You can also look at pan head screws. Were it me, I'd consider half-lap joints vs. screws. There there's no worry about the screws getting corroded or loose over time. When it comes time to finish the frame, use a marine varnish or something with UV protection. I'd also put some feet on the legs so the end grain isn't contacting your cement.

https://www.mcfeelys.com/catalogsearch/r...length=105
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Sooner or later Red Oak outside with turn black and ugly without a lot of maintenance.

Once the pocket are drilled you can use any screws you want. They don't have to be " pocket screws. Something with threads that don't go all the way up the shank is preferable but not absolutely necessary. On occasion I've even used drywall screws (not that I'm recommending them).

What you get out of your project is equal to what you put into it.
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK