How do slugs get inside?
Woke up the other day to a slug on my kitchen stove... The exterior wall behind the stove is right by the corner of my deck that's always in the shade and I see slugs there a lot too. So in a way I'm not surprised. But is there a particular issue this could be a symptom of?
Benny

If your house is older and has cool and/or dark spots they can hide in, they will like it. Slugs have an excellent sense of smell and they will come searching for food...it doesn't even have to be messy, if there is food around (as in a kitchen) they will come. Remember they have no bones, so they can fit darn near anywhere.

It's not a sign of anything in particular, but you may want to consider sealing gaps around pipes, doors, lights, and so on - anywhere they can get in.
There were at least three clogging a HVAC drain the other day. I had to use a good amount of pressure to blow them out of the pipe. Their little bodies were splatted on the brick of the house right next door.
daddo said:

There were at least three clogging a HVAC drain the other day. I had to use a good amount of pressure to blow them out of the pipe. Their little bodies were splatted on the brick of the house right next door.

Ha! That must have been a little satisfying at least.

The siding on the house basically goes right down to the deck, so it's tough to know where gaps may be. I'll do what I can though. Maybe pull the stove and/or dishwasher out and see what I can see from the inside.
Benny

Q- How do slugs get inside?
A- Slowly.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
JimReed@Tallahassee said:

Q- How do slugs get inside?
A- Slowly.

That was going to be my response but I was too slow.