R.I.P. Mr. Lee
http://www.leevalley.com/en/LL.html

It is a sad day and the business world has lost a giant, a truly caring businessman.

Thank you, Mr. Lee, for all your contributions to the woodworking community.

Simon
This is truly sad news. RIP to a great human being.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
That is truly a loss to the world. There are very few people who have left that much of a mark. My condolences to his family.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
My sincere condolences to Rob and his family, a great loss. Mr. Lee touched so many lives with his work, and not only in woodworking. RIP.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
We truly lost one of the great ones.

Prayers to Rob and his family.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
My heartfelt sympathies to the Lee family. Not just blood kin, but the business as well. Indeed, we have lost a true great one. Thankfully, he has passed his legacy to Rob and Leonard's spirit will continue to live and thrive under Rob's leadership.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Lee family.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I still remember thumbing through my fathers' Lee Valley catalogs as a young boy in the late eighties. I owe my love of woodworking to my carpenter father and those catalogs. Rest in peace Mr. Lee.
To Rob Lee and family - you have my sympathy and condolences. The world is a poorer place now.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I enjoyed the stories of his humble life on the Prairies that he related in his book on sharpening.
Truly a loss.

I used to have a copy of "The complete guide to sharpening" I used to loan it out as a resource, and never got it back.

Rob, my condolences to you and your family. I am sure his loss will be felt by his employees, customers and the woodworking family in general.
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne