HANDTOOLS: Type 8 Stanley #7 - Barn Fresh - $55+ ship
Title says it all, barn fresh Type 8 (1902) jointer, lots of patina, 100% mechanically and works like it should, lots of iron left, enough for your lifetime at least, nice low knob; tote has horn repair (well done by me, if I have to say so myself!! :-) ), sole and mouth good; this is a nice bargain user for someone who wants to clean it up, will make a very nice user jointer for someone; yours for $55 plus shipping, excellent deal for you to do the cleaning up; pics:

001 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 002 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 003 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 004 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 005 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 006 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 007 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 008 by Admiral N, on Flickr" />

First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority; please include your shipping address so I can quote postage and print up mailing labels; sorry I don't have paypal, so payment by USPS money order please unless I know you then checks are ok.

As usual, good user tools priced reasonably, I try to pass on good deals that I find. Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
That is a good deal for some one for sure, this shouldn't last long.

Steve
Window Guy said:

Steve

I'm surprised its lasted this long.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
DaveParkis said:

[blockquote]Window Guy said:

Steve

[/blockquote]
+1. If I didn't already have a L-N #7 . . . For anyone considering this, but not wanting to put in the time, have Admiral ship it directly to Tablesaw Tom for the spa treatment.

Steve
Steve Friedman said:

[blockquote]DaveParkis said:

[blockquote]Window Guy said:

Steve

[/blockquote]
+1. If I didn't already have a L-N #7 . . . For anyone considering this, but not wanting to put in the time, have Admiral ship it directly to Tablesaw Tom for the spa treatment.

Steve

[/blockquote]

+1 ....... on what Steve said, I have bought several planes done by Tablesaw Tom and also had Tom do his magic on a couple of mine. You will not regret it and a whole lot less $$$$$ than buying new and you will have some history to boot. And Rich has this priced more than fair .

Steve
This is a good type, fully machined frog, sole is flat, it really only needs some cleanup to be a good user for someone; I got it in a box lot with some other items so I thought I'd pass it along for a very reasonable price... it will go; folks just are tapped out with vacations, etc., .......
What did you use to fix the tote, for my own info and fixing a few I have that need it?
Rosewood is hard to come by, and while I save all the old totes and knobs in my boneyard, they tend to have holes in them for the rods, so I use walnut. If I must say so myself, it takes a bit of skill to form the horn properly so it fits in the hand well, but I've gotten pretty good at it. You've got to saw off the tote, and then match up a block of walnut (in my case, you can certainly use cherry), then bandsaw the appropriate curves, then go at it with a good rasp, then sandpaper, then BLO, or if you're really particular, the appropriate stain. Just takes time.....
Plane is sold. thanks to all for looking. Will be posting a crispy #5 shortly.............
If anyone is in the market, I've gor a couple of other 7s, and for that matter, 6s and 5s and 4s........