Water Heater replacement time?
(10-31-2017, 04:36 PM)Gopu Wrote: I can only say that I have had very,very good experience with Gas Tankless Water Heater ин bitter winters.  They do make a tankless water heater.  Based on my experience I would be inclined towards them https://www.newtanklesswaterheaters.com/ if I was looking for a water heater.

Hey Go Poo.... Go troll somewhere else.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(10-31-2017, 05:11 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Hey Go Poo.... Go troll somewhere else.

Well apparently he did.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

http://www.water-heater-repair-guide.com...tancy.html

How long will your water heater last if you purchase one today? 
Tank failure is the only reason to trash a unit. Everything else can
be repaired.

The manufacture,s tank warranty is a good guideline to use as far as life expectancy is consurned.
A tank with a five year warrant should last four to six years, without preventive maintenance. Up to ten years if you keep the sediment flushed out and replace the anode rod as necessary.
A tank warranted for ten years could last fifteen to twenty years with proper maintenance.
There are fiberglass tanks with life time warranties and stainless steel tanks that will last years longer than a standard unit.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
We replaced a 40 gal electric manufactured in '92 with a Rheem 50 gal this summer. I have noticed the difference by about $25/month on the power bill. Granted there may be other factors there, but it all started at about the time we made the change. And, as a bonus, my daughter has a harder time using all of the hot water.
There was a water heater manufacturer at a big hardware show years ago.  They were insulating the heater with a sealed bag filled with foam.  Their claim to fame was that the bag was "vacuum insulated".  

I asked, "Isn't there some leakage in the plastic bag over time?" and they replied that yes, over a period of 7 or 8 years the vacuum advantage would be lost and it would work just like regular insulation but that the efficiency of water heaters was such that after 7 or 8 years you should replace the heater anyhow.

I mean water heaters used to last 25 or 30 years.

My washing machine (GE) failed after 7 years and when the repairman showed up he told me that was an "average life" for a washing machine.  I'm sure my mom's machine lasted well over 25 years.  

My dad's cars used to last about 40,000 miles before they were "pretty nearly worn out" (1960s).  Nowadays cars last 150,000 or more.  Why do cars last longer and appliances last shorter?
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(11-02-2017, 03:44 PM)Cooler Wrote: There was a water heater manufacturer at a big hardware show years ago.  They were insulating the heater with a sealed bag filled with foam.  Their claim to fame was that the bag was "vacuum insulated".  

I asked, "Isn't there some leakage in the plastic bag over time?" and they replied that yes, over a period of 7 or 8 years the vacuum advantage would be lost and it would work just like regular insulation but that the efficiency of water heaters was such that after 7 or 8 years you should replace the heater anyhow.

I mean water heaters used to last 25 or 30 years.

My washing machine (GE) failed after 7 years and when the repairman showed up he told me that was an "average life" for a washing machine.  I'm sure my mom's machine lasted well over 25 years.  

My dad's cars used to last about 40,000 miles before they were "pretty nearly worn out" (1960s).  Nowadays cars last 150,000 or more.  Why do cars last longer and appliances last shorter?

It is what consumers are willing to accept
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Yes, we have a water heater that is working since 6 years. With proper maintenance the heater life can be extended.