One last drywall Q -- sealing to brick
Thanks for being patient with me. I got the fire resistant drywall screwed in under my stairwell, tape and mud done -- but how do I seal the edge where drywall meets brick? Some kinda caulking, or...?

Thanks,
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I'd use paintable caulk if you're worried about air sealing, I'm not sure i would be, and then cover it with a trim board.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

Usually a J bead or L bead is used if the brick is fairly straight. You may be able to slip an L bead behind the sheet rock.J bead is installed on the edge of the panel before installation. I would try to slip an L bead behind the pane,it will not slip in if there are screws in the way.
If you hit a screw an indentation will show up on the hidden edge, cut a piece out of any places a screw may be. Then the bead will slip in .You do not need to fasten J bead or L bead in most cases.Make sure if you do use a bead that you get the correct thickness.1/2" & 5/8 " bead are available in aluminum or vinyl.

mike
Why are you sealing between the brick and the drywall? Appearance or a fire rating? I assume a fire rating since you are using fire-resistant drywall. In that case, whatever you use also has to be fire-resistant. There's fireblock expanding foam but that's probably not what you want.
crokett™ said:

Why are you sealing between the brick and the drywall? Appearance or a fire rating?

Fire rating.

It's an under-stairs storage area and not visible.

Also, LIL, thanks everyone who answered so far.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Your local Borg should have firestop caulking. It will remain flexible.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

blackhat said:

Perfect, thanks.
Best,
Aram, always learning

blackhat said:

Thats the answer.

Firestop caulk

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
woodhead said:

[blockquote]blackhat said:

Thats the answer.

Firestop caulk

Al

[/blockquote]

I picked up a tube last night. Thanks again.
Best,
Aram, always learning