Need a good manual staple.gun
My Stanley Powershot gave out in the middle of fabricating some sound panels. I want to have a manual stapler but I want a good one. So many mixed reviews I don't know where to start, I need it to use the T50 staples.

I like the ergonomics of the powershot, also had decent penetration, curious to what others use with good reliability. I plan on using mainly staples, 1/4-3/8" mainly.
Or should I just forget the T50 option and go with the Duo Fast CS5000?
I know you said you wanted a manual stapler. When my powershot died I bought a Surebonder 9600A Staple Gun. If you have a compressor, you might want to give it a look. It also uses the T50 and it works great.

http://www.cordlesspneumaticnailgun.com/...der-9600a/
I have two Powershots and so far so good. Both were purchased when they first came out.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I was going to recommend a powershot too... Definitely something with the "reverse" handle like that. How long did it last you?
Benny

I've had my Powershot for awhile, maybe 8 years but only for a few small projects. Here and there I would probably only run 1 strip of staples through it. I would say during the time I've owned it I have not ran a half box of staples through it.

Yesterday I put it to use and probably used it for 200 to 300 staples and then the handle wouldn't catch anymore. I took it apart and can see where the mechanism won't grab the part that drives the staples.

I do like the curved front but I would like a more solid stapler.

Being they are inexpensive it doesn't hurt to just get another, I could have a bad copy but with other reviews having this issue and the fact it's been known to hang up then release unexpectedly I figure for about the same price I'll try another stapler.

I did order the CS5000 so I'll give it a try. I would have rather bought in a store but my local Duo Fast dealer wants a little over $70 for it which is about double what I can it online for.
Pains me to say this, but can't recommend the DeWalt. Very disappointed & wouldn't recommend one.
The Duo Fast CS5000 arrived today, I tried a few 3/8 staples into the pine I was working on, no issues as expected with a soft wood. I added a few folds of the burlap fabric and no problems. I went to the red oak and it left about 1/16" of the staple from fully seating into the wood. I turned the tension knob 1 turn and it almost fully seated the staple, 1 more turn and that did the trick. I then added some fabric and it just barely didn't seat the staple into the wood, 1 more turn of the knob and it definitely fully seated into the wood, and I have about 4 more turns left on the knob.

Without question, the finest manual staple gun I have used. I wish it used T50 staples but no big deal, the 140 size staples from Duo Fast are fine with me as I plan to keep it for quite awhile.

Very solidly built, also has a nice jam clearing feature. With the red oak, I needed to press into the wood more than the pine but that's also expected.

I only wish I had purchased this sooner.

I've got a couple of the old Bostich that shoot T50's, and they have worked well for a lot of years/ Mostly used to staple in insulation into stud cavities, so usually into Pine, but I have popped a few into some rock Maple without a problem. Just in case you really need to use up some T 50's
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW