Covering A Hole In A Pool Wall
Figured I'd get better answers here than the pool forum, since this is really a metal question... the used AG pool I got has a steel wall, I don't know what gauge it is, most are 14 or 16 gauge. The opening around the skimmer was fairly rusty. I riveted sheet metal from the inside over that hole on the inside of the wall. I wanted the water pressing the new patch onto the wall instead of the patch being on the outside and having it pushing against the rivets. I intended to cut a hole in the new metal for the skimmer but ended up moving the skimmer. question is what to cover the hole from the outside with? This is probably something I should have thought of before putting water in the pool but there was supposed to be a skimmer there. Right now I'm thinking a fiberglass patch. Is there an adhesive that would keep another piece of sheet metal stuck to the outside wall? Eventually a deck will go over this, so it would get some protection from weather.
POR-15
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Is that gonna seal between the existing wall and the new piece? aside from covering the rust I want to seal that so any rain, etc doesn't get between the wall and liner. 'Course I could be slightly paranoid.
I'm thinking car underbody coating. A poor man's version of FlexSeal that doesn't come from late night TV. Anything that will create an elastomeric seal at the edge of the metal.

Mitigate any rust with phosphoric acid. Prime then seal.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Gotcha. thanks. I'll look around and see what I can find, although it looks like POR-15 comes in a sealant version, so that might be what I go with.
POR-15 is good stuff.

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
will this work as a sealer?

https://www.amazon.com/POR-15-46818-Whit...GYQNPBS03N32GT5

or do I need something lie this?
https://www.amazon.com/POR-15-49023-Whit...5+white+sealant

With the second one, I'm thinking I could clean up the edges to get them as straight as possible then use the patch sort of like a caulk.
Don't know and not in a position to research right now.

Getting on an airplane

PL premium would do the job.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

looks like I may need a combination of sealer and top coat. I'm going to call them tomorrow about their undercoat and see if that's paintable. If it is I will get that and use it, then paint over it.