Interesting saw
I picked this up about a month ago. I'm guessing it was homemade, but I'm not sure. It certainly was made a long time ago.

It is a interesting looking saw regardless wether it is homemade or not. It looks to have a rather small handle but I like the design of it. Nice find !

Steve
That is interesting. Thanks for the post.
Whoever sharpened it does a better job than I do.
Window Guy said:

It is a interesting looking saw regardless wether it is homemade or not. It looks to have a rather small handle but I like the design of it. Nice find !

Steve

Small? I think it looks perfectly sized
I think I see what you mean by "homemade." The parts are cut down from a larger handsaw, hence the nib and the oddly shaped handle. I'll bet the details on the top of the handle could tell us who made the original saw, but I don't know my handle profiles well enough to even guess.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Pedder found this pic of one of the first saw handles I ever made. It was made before TLT was installed. Some similarities, isn't it?
Smile

[Image: CIMG0776.JPG]

Klaus
You're saw looks smaller and older, but it is similar to a saw in the 1918 Disston catalog. On page 151, a joiner saw is listed. It looks like it has a nib and no back with an open handle.
That looks like a Humm Dinger to me. At a certain point in one's life the label loses its aura.