Metal Lathe loading challenge
I've used their drop deck trailer. It is awesome. I am just not wanting to haul a trailer 650 miles one way.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I used my engine hoist earlier this week to lift mine off its table and set it on a pallet for an upcoming move.

It worked with the engine hoist fully extended, and that left just enough room to get a pallet between the legs of engine hoist to set the lathe on.

Once it was on the pallet, the pallet jack can move it around.

Duke
Ended up going the freight route - hopefully they ship out tomorrow. Two pallets and I had them bolted, strapped and covered.

[Image: IMG_20160804_083259_01_zpsnwwymwew.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160804_083255_01_zps81iapy4a.jpg]

So...you drove down and crated it up, but hired it hauled home?
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

No. My buddy and i were supposed to drive down but he had a dry socket that weekend and could not ride down with me so i postponed it. Turned out $289 gets two pallets freight shipped from Atlanta to a local trminal here so the seller crated it up and it shipped out today. Should arrive by next Tuesday here. I was so happy with the exra work they did I ordered lunch for the four guys working there today.

Thumbs Up 
Awesome. Good price
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Later today I pick up the cnc lathe freight. Crossing fingers.

I am really loving the HF roller toolboxes so the lathe is getting its own 72" roller cabinet as its new base and i am mounting a 18" side cabinet t it for the shelf foor the driverack controller and the PC and monitor. Self contained storage for all the lathe tooling and parts.

Thumbs Up 
Kewl. Be sure and post pics, or I'll gump ya like Fred does.
Big Grin  
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Well they are in the shop safe and sound. I love those HF toolboxes.

[Image: lathedel1_zpsmspr9qkl.jpg]

[Image: lathedel2_zpsinszafii.jpg]

Thumbs Up 
Alrighty
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020