Dishwasher Maintenance
We use this stuff once a month and it does a great job:  Finish Dishwasher Cleaner

John
(07-20-2016, 07:07 PM)jteneyck Wrote: We use this stuff once a month and it does a great job:  Finish Dishwasher Cleaner

John

Thank you John. Will look into it.
(07-20-2016, 04:01 PM)AgGEM Wrote: Thanks folks for your replies.
Did you all see my "Al Bundy Tang" reply?
Most of it is vertical on the right side of the page......did the new software do this?....

Well,  flipping fix it! 

Also,  Lemishine for the dishwasher
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Hmm, let's see if there are some common denominators:

Clorox = chlorine bleach
Tang = citric acid
Vinegar = 5–20% acetic acid
powdered citric acid cleaner
Finish Dishwasher Cleaner = 15-30% citric acid (per MSDS)
Lemi shine = *probably* 95% citric acid

I dunno..you might want to try something with..say..a mild acid.  Like citric acid.

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
I put a glass of vinegar and a soap packet in mine and run it empty every once in a while. I clean the filter too. It seems to make a difference.

carl
We use citric acid powder that I learned about here on Woodnet. I just sprinkle about a tbls. on the door before closing.  Available on Amazon and our SS d/w sparkles. Glass comes out shiny and clear.
Please pray for our troops! Semper Fi!

Bob Ross (I used to be called "Doc")
www.theborkstore.com

I used to work on dishwashers years ago and if you saw the bacteria and slime that lives inside the pan and pump you wouldn't eat off the plates. Vinegar won't kill and clean out the bacteria.

I use 1/8 cup of bleach with detergent on every wash. Dishes come out with no spots and very clean.

For cleaning I'll use 1/4 cup with detergent and pause the machine 2 minutes into the wash and let it soak for 10 minutes then let it continue two wash cycles. 

Any acid will help reduce calcium build up but it needs to soak well if it has any significant buildup.
filter?

they have a filter?
Crazy

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

You don't want to put bleach in a stainless steel dishwasher.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer