Inside siding for a shop
Might' be a good place to apply a few costs of water based poly.
It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. - Voltaire
Know what, Bob? You win. CharlieD, 4/21/2008
I salute you. Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue!!!! CRR, 2/19/2008
You can find slatwall panels (4 x 8 x 3/4") for about $60.00 each.  You should try to locate a local distributor to avoid high shipping costs.

Slat wall will allow you to use standard hooks and trays and it is strong enough to screw into.

https://www.storesupply.com/anchor-core-...house.aspx

It looks pretty good and it is available in many finishes:

[Image: slatwall-2.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(03-16-2018, 08:09 AM)Cooler Wrote: You can find slatwall panels (4 x 8 x 3/4") for about $60.00 each.  You should try to locate a local distributor to avoid high shipping costs.

Slat wall will allow you to use standard hooks and trays and it is strong enough to screw into.

https://www.storesupply.com/anchor-core-...house.aspx

It looks pretty good and it is available in many finishes:

[Image: slatwall-2.jpg]

At ~$60 a pop for a 4x8 panel I hope your budget is pretty strong. I chose drywall, installed and finished it myself. Bright with a finished look and will have a combo of shelves, cabinets and hanging devices to store items. Not for everyone, but I like the look - YMMV.

Doug
(07-20-2016, 03:54 PM)sroxberg Wrote: I don't want to use Dry Wall, and I'm not a fan of flake board. I want a smooth surface that I can paint and will have nailer strips horizontally every two feet on the wall for extra strenght to screw shelves and items to.

Any suggestions on products that I should look for? I probably need 10 foot lengths so that I can run the sheets vertically and avoid horizontal seams.

Thanks in advance.

I found a bunch of free deck boards on craigslist... pulled the nails, planed them down and milled new tongue and groove edges and installed them on a couple of my shops walls as paneling.

[Image: westwall.jpg]
WoodNET... the new safespace
(03-02-2018, 05:52 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Did you check CalPly?  They usually have the best pricing and no need to wait as they stock it.  Good place for drywall too.  HD wanted more money and a wait time for 4x10 fire rock, CalPly had it in stock for less

I used drywall, mainly to hold in the insulation.  But I saved $1,100 by not having it finished.  In other words, no sanding of seams and screw holes.  Yes, they filled the seams and screw holes, but they didn't sand them down to a smooth finish.  I don't care what it looks like.

Al
Al (doc1)