Quick project--2nd posting attempt
I thought I would try to post a project with some pictures using the new software. Of course, the site went down and took my post with it. Here is my second attempt.

The 95+ degree days have limited my shop time here in north Florida. But yesterday I needed a visor clip for my garage door opener. Well, I have a woodshop and should be able to make it myself. Here is what I need:

[Image: DSCN0402.jpg]

So I grab a coathanger and go into the belly of the hot beast.

[Image: DSCN0399.jpg]

A little twisting and bending and here you go:

[Image: DSCN0403.jpg]

Not the prettiest but certainly functional. Time well spent in the shop.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Nice job.  That wire bending jig is the cats meow; I got one from LV years ago and it comes in handy more than I would have thought.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.as...3456,43407
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I went out in the shop this mornin. I needed to shoot a board real quick. Got the shooting board out. Pulled the plane iron to put an edge on it. After 2 minutes of sharpening. I put the plane iron back in. Sat it down on the bench then went back inside to the air conditioner and got some sweet Tea. Texas in July ain't no joke.
Jim,
I fooled around with posting photobucket pictures yesterday and found that if you copy the html link to the right of your photo in Photobucket (the third of four share options) and paste it directly into your post, it produces the photo in your post. The other links just appear in your post as links back to Photobucket and you have to click on them to see the photo.
Hank
Jim

What happened to that nice corner cabinet you posted on some years ago? Ever finish it? Pictures?

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Thanks for asking about the corner cabinet. I just created a new thread about it.
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Jim another nice job, love your ingenuity.  I might need to look into one of those jigs, there has been a time or to I wish I had one.

Steve
(07-30-2016, 08:28 AM)Window Guy Wrote: Jim another nice job, love your ingenuity.  I might need to look into one of those jigs, there has been a time or to I wish I had one.

Steve

The wire bender is very handy. I used it a few months ago to make some hooks for my potrack. The original is which one???
[Image: IMG_2557.jpg]
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com