Vintage atlas wood plainer / jointer mounted on table. Reasonable offers please.
(not mine) Louisville CL Model 6001, 1/2 hp motor
What would this be worth refurbished, etc?  I've got an 8"/Byrd head Delta so I don't need it but could flip it/help woodnetter get it.

[Image: 00W0W_6BgUK9nuMmE_600x450.jpg][Image: 00K0K_5j0zqbmuMfI_600x450.jpg][Image: 00W0W_6BgUK9nuMmE_600x450.jpg]
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
What size is the Atlas?  I would say if it is running, $100.
Running, cleaned and set up, $200.
Above prices are if it's a 6" and I needed one.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
The CL ad indicates it's a 4", and only 42" overall length. It might have interest as a collector item to the right person, but that seems a bit small to be of practical use. To me, $100 would be too much.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(07-29-2016, 07:36 AM)fredhargis Wrote: The CL ad indicates it's a 4", and only 42" overall length. 

It's a 6" -- model 6001.  Seller only measured what was exposed; fence covered the other two inches.  He said he was going to fix the ad.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Looking at the fence attachments you can see it's a serious tool. Question is how big is it, if it is a table top size the value won't be there, and buyers may be hard to find. Free standing, floor model, at least 200 bux. If Brian can get you a Byrd head for it that is a selling point. Don't have to add the Byrd, just that they make one for it. Most generic 6" jointers average 100 to 150 on CL. I've flipped several at 150, because a lot of the 100 don't run, or have blades. Being able to flip it on, and start jointing a board will make for a quick sale.
Wink
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW