2 big changes, and an honest question.
Thumbs Down    Re: (...)
We used to be able to put our location in our profile, not so much anymore.

When we posted we used to be able to indicate who we were referring to/answering/adding on to,  by going to their post, and making our post. Without it, following a thread requires psychic powers, especially in the basement.

The question is, was this change an effort to get everyone to move along? 

I have tried to allow some time to evaluate this software, if it isn't an effort to move us along, then you'll have messed up. I appreciated you were telling us about the change, but haven't seen anything good about the changes. The e-mail fiasco put it all over the top.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
  Re: 2 big changes, and an honest question. by Steve N (We used to be able t...)
I noticed yesterday that the location info in my CP was blank.

Apparently, that part of our info did not port over.

I filled in a location, but it is still not showing up in my posts.

In one of the other threads, one of the people posting as Sysadmin asked what a "Location" was.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I dunno. You would think if they were going to sic an eager beaver puter guy on something, he would have some past association with what that something was. Appears to have no clue about an innernet forum, but gonna make it Mo Betta anyhow  Dodgy Dodgy

GW
From what Fred has said in other threads, it took a while for the original software to get modded to show title and reply-to in each article header. I never experienced the WN forum without that feature. Actually, I do not recall experiencing any other forum or board without that feature. Of course, what the hey, I have only been doing this since Compuserve dial-up and (later) Mosaic v0.2. So what does this newb know?

N.B.: That last was a rhetorical question! Big Grin
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

(07-24-2016, 04:28 PM)iclark Wrote: I noticed yesterday that the location info in my CP was blank.

Apparently, that part of our info did not port over.

I filled in a location, but it is still not showing up in my posts.

It worked

e deploribus unum

(07-24-2016, 08:39 PM)FBranco Wrote: It worked

that's just a custom title.  You can edit your title now.  Notice mine doesn't have my location.
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
Ok you guys with a location, please share how you added it on. I see nothing about location on my "User CP"

TIA

GW
there is a location field, user cp / edit profile / additional info.  That one does not appear to show.  I believe on the same page they are putting their location in the Custom User Title section on the same screen.  Then filling in the field below the ""New Custom User Title: (leave blank to use existing)"

see mine for an example. I changed the Customer User Title.
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
(07-24-2016, 08:49 PM)oscarMadison Wrote: that's just a custom title.  You can edit your title now.  Notice mine doesn't have my location.

I know but if anybody is looking for a workaround, that's gonna be it until the right key gets turned on the back end.

e deploribus unum

(07-24-2016, 10:46 PM)FBranco Wrote: I know but if anybody is looking for a workaround, that's gonna be it until the right key gets turned on the back end.

Exactly! I saw the trick in Fred's title and decided that it was worth doing.

Had to be better to do something constructive than to just complain about the problems.