Marking and Measuring Gloat
(07-26-2016, 07:14 PM)eg54string Wrote: I could not find a 55 1/2 caliper rule in my Walter's, or Warman's.   
That 6-fold Stearns rule MJD sold is a whole different sort of rare and really doesn't compare to OP's in terms of pricing. 
The one shown in the photo is probably in the one or two hundred dollar range at most because of the poor condition. Still an awesome find though. That shoebox was a goldmine!
Josh
www.hyperkitten.com Funny Name, Good Stuff.

Old Tools, Woodworking, Blog, Tools for Sale.

Thanks for the info and clarification.   Agree condition is everything.  Rulers are hard to figure.
I can't see the picture but all of that for $20, yeah you deserve a "You Suck" for sure, congratulation on your find.

Steve
Steve,
I don't know why the picture disappeared. I just tried right clicking on the link to open in new tab and the pic shows up. If you then click on the pic it gets much larger.

Jim
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
Wow nice score for sure, congrats.

Steve
I carry one of those little inside/outside pocket calipers (top right corner of your picture) on about half of all* my trips to the hardware store.  They're beyond great for measuring this and that to make sure it'll fit.

That's a serious haul, at a seriously gloatable price!
----------
*My wife claims that I go several times a day.  She's right on some days, but not every day.