Why am I getting a certificate error?
  Re: (...)
I'm logging in on my shop computer for the first time to the new site and it says it's unsafe, certificate is no good. Why, it's doesn't do that on my other computer or tablet?
Jim

Remember the bird has a right wing and a left wing and uses both to fly. 
  Re: Why am I getting a certificate error? by stoppy (I'm logging in on my...)
It's been hiccuping quite a bit this morning.
Well, Bye...
I'm still getting a certificate error on this older Windows computer. Why?
Jim

Re: RE: Why am I getting a certificate error? by stoppy (I'm still getting a ...)
What is the exact url that you are typing in? It should be https://forums.woodnet.net. If not, try that. If you are still getting the error, please let me know what it says.
The address is correct. It's a very ld windows XP using an old Explorer XP browser that is probably no longer supported. It lets me in when I ignore the warning. Don't concern yourself about it. Thanks though for acknowledging it.
Jim

Re: RE: Why am I getting a certificate error? by stoppy (The address is corre...)
(07-30-2016, 01:11 PM)stoppy Wrote: The address is correct. It's a very ld windows XP using an old Explorer XP browser that is probably no longer supported. It lets me in when I ignore the warning. Don't concern yourself about it. Thanks though for acknowledging it.

I ran into the certificate when I tried to get directly to the SnS from an auto-complete url. Once I deleted the directory and page info (everything after woodnet.net/  ), the certificate problem went away.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.