LED fluorescent replacements...
+1 on what Frule said:
 Hyperikon: energy Efficiency   
4-Pack of Hyperikon T8 LED Shop Light Tube, 4ft, 18W (40W equivalent),

The old metal T-12 fixtures worked great  for the conversion.  Just wired one end, removed the ballast.  Nice bright lights that come on immediately.
What are the CRI concerns with LED lights? It seemed fairly easy to find the CRI number for fluorescent lights but LED manufacturers seem to keep this info under lock and key.
(07-30-2016, 08:32 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: ... mounting isn't as easy as a conventional fixture as it o lyrics has the key holes on the back. There is no provision to just screwing the fixture to the ceiling.

No, but they come with chain kits, which you could make very short I suppose. I'll admit, the keyhole slot mounting was a bit of a pain. But I was replacing some rather rusty old fixtures, so for me it was a no brainer.
Benny

I had 2 lights in the shop not working and I had LED lights for one of them so I took a couple pictures while making the conversion.

Original wiring:
[Image: IMG_0553.jpg]

Completed wiring for single end LED tubes:
[Image: IMG_0554.jpg]

Just clipped the wires on the other end:
[Image: IMG_0555.jpg]

I hope that helps people interested in rewiring their old fixtures. Note that when done I plugged in the light and it didn't work. I pulled the chain and it turned on. I pulled the chain on the other non-working light and it turned on. So my first suggestion if you have a non-working light is check to see if someone has turned the light off at the fixture before you go and spend more money.
I have converted my garage fixtures to LED.  Direct wire, ballasts removed.  No problem.

Personal opinion:  I would much rather convert an old fixture.  I have not been impressed by the quality of any new fixture relative to the old ones.  It seems all they do is manage to make them thinner and with even more plastic.  Plastic doesn't seem to improve with age.
Was in HD yesterday and stopped to look at the LED flourescent replacements. Fellow saw me looking and asked if that was what I was doing. I said yes and he pointed to a GE 3' shop light fixture. Chain hung, plug in, light switch on a chain. He bought one earlier to test and was back buying three more.

I bought two(depleting the shelf stock) and hung them noon yesterday. GE 3 Foot Shop Lights
$20 a pop.

Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek

Put one in LOML's sewing room and the other in the guest room. Will take out the fairly new 4' flourescent fixtures(2 in each room) because that one provides more light than the two.

May get away with three in the shop instead of the 4 in there now(and needing one more).
(08-08-2016, 02:45 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: Was in HD yesterday and stopped to look at the LED flourescent replacements. Fellow saw me looking and asked if that was what I was doing. I said yes and he pointed to a GE 3' shop light fixture. Chain hung, plug in, light switch on a chain. He bought one earlier to test and was back buying three more.

I bought two(depleting the shelf stock) and hung them noon yesterday. GE 3 Foot Shop Lights
$20 a pop.

Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek
Eek

Put one in LOML's sewing room and the other in the guest room. Will take out the fairly new 4' flourescent fixtures(2 in each room) because that one provides more light than the two.

May get away with three in the shop instead of the 4 in there now(and needing one more).

Any chance you could post a link? Could not find it on the HD website. TIA
Might be this one.

Commercial Electric not General Electric?

Home Depot
"Mongo only pawn in game of life."        Mongo
(08-09-2016, 03:14 PM)clovishound Wrote: Might be this one.

Commercial Electric not General Electric?

Home Depot

Blush That is the one. I glanced at the box and assumed.

I will no longer use Lithonia products. The last four have all been a bust.
huh, $30 for me and not stocked at my store.  Still looks like a good option