how flat can I go with paint in a kitchen
we are painting the kitchen, and when we got paint I reflexively got semi-gloss.  I don't like it, because it has too much sheen.  I'd rather do it again with flatter paint.  Doing it again has other advantages as well, so it doesn't hurt my feelings at all to re-paint.  Any opinions?
Of course semi-gloss will clean better...  If you get good quality paint in a flatter sheen, that may make up for some of the difference.  Our kitchen/living room/dining room/foyer all flow together with no good break to switch paint so it is all the same.  We went satin.  Eggshell is pushing too flat for my taste anywhere.  Semigloss is for a bathroom - maybe an isolated kitchen, especially one that is going to be used more than shown off .... in my opinion.  We did the white trim in semigloss as well so it will clean.
I've gone to eggshell for all walls, semigloss for trim.  I like the look of flat, but the eggshell has juuuuust enough sheen to look more 'finished' to me.
Benjamin Moore Aura in matte finish.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.