Pressure washer recommendations?
I'd like recommendations for a new pressure washer.  Primary use would be to clean mold and stain off my aggregate driveway and sidewalks, every other year.  Secondary would be to clean moss off the foundation and to clean a nearly new deck in good condition.  I don't want to blast the paint off the deck.

I used an 1800 psi Craftsman (or so) washer a few years ago and it took forever to get the gunk off the driveway.

I'm looking at a Troy-built 2800 psi at $299 with 2 yr warranty or a 3100 psi Troy-built with a Honda engine and 5 year warranty for $399.

Alternate suggestions welcome.
I wish I could help more, but I have heard from guys on the job sites when buying a pressure washer is it's a noticeable difference from 2800 to 3100 psi. so they always recommend the difference. I have no evidence to support that, but that's the word from the rumor mill.
I'll make the same recommendation I always do when I see this question even though it seems get ignored - focus on gallons per minute not PSI. As a part time painter for 30 years, I've owned 4 or 5 of these and regardless of its pressure rating, I've much preferred the ones with better throughput. Additionally, if you're cleaning concrete, an oscillating tip will make the job go about 3 times faster.
I don't have any personal experience with it, but this Honda-powered Ryobi is one I'm considering. It's ranked #4 by Consumer Reports and gets fairly good reviews at Home Depot and elsewhere. Guaranty is 36 months, 24 months on the engine.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-2800-PS.../205566052
might want to look at a surface cleaner attachment
I do have pressure washer experience.  Be aware the PSI ratings on a lot are inflated.  The bottom line is not so much the PSI rather the GPM.
Bill
Get one with a Cat pump. You won't be sorry.
(08-11-2016, 06:32 AM)frule Wrote: Get one with a Cat pump. You won't be sorry.

With a Honda engine......
chris
I don't own this one, but I've used my brother in laws and when I buy one, it will be this one.

Duke

I don't have any personal experience with it, but this Honda-powered Ryobi is one I'm considering. It's ranked #4 by Consumer Reports and gets fairly good reviews at Home Depot and elsewhere. Guaranty is 36 months, 24 months on the engine.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-2800-PS.../205566052
I like my Simpson pump