Rust Hunting at 127 Yard Sale
I went out to the 127 Yard Sale yesterday and picked up this plane for $8.00.   Not sure what it is yet.   The mechanism worked freely and it looked in good enough shape to risk $8 on it.

[Image: IMG_0716_zpstqwazhqv.jpg]
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
Throw it in some Hydrofluoric acid tonight and it should look as good as new by Monday. 
Sarcasm
Looks good! Obviously, the blade is a question mark, but even if it's bad, with a LV replacement, you'd still be fine. Is it a #3?

Nice pick!
You might be able to get it to work, but I would have passed on it.  The stamped lever cap and adjustment knob indicate that it's a cheaply made plane.  I'll bet if you look closely, you'll see that the frog is also stamped instead of cast.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Probably a #3; the plane is about 9 3/8" long and the blade is 1 3/4" wide. The frog is a metal stamping.

The only identifiers are a "U" inside a circle and the "Made in USA". Blade has PEXTO on it.
No matter what, it can not be as bad as the Par Plus that landed here somehow
I went out today and picked up a 3M accuspray gun new in box for $5. Also found 2 copper mugs for Moscow Mules and a few other odds and ends. Saw a Stanley #130 double ended block plane in nice shape for $40. Thought about picking it up, but don't think they are all that popular.