NEW QUESTIONS ADDED!! Adding 220v to my garage, can I use outdoor 10/2, and how?
Maybe. Lol. How's the wiring going?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Slow.
I combined a few breakers into one. Not much was running on them as I mentioned above.
Drilling through a bazillion joists. I had to take down part of the basement ceiling, but it was getting replaced soon anyway. I decided to run some wide conduit through that ceiling space in case I want to ever add more wires through that area again in the future. Tomorrow, I actually run the wire into the garage. I should be all hooked up sometime early next week, if not this weekend.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Gentlemen, I just want to say thanks for all the help I received in this thread. Today, I completed the receptacles and attached the lines into the subpanel per the instructions left to me by the electrical contractor. After restoring power to the subpanel, then flipping on the 220v breaker, nothing crazy happened. I then checked voltages from ground to hot for 120v and then across both hots for the 220v, at each receptacle. Everything checked out perfectly, so I added the plug to my compressor and plugged it in.

VOILA! It ran perfect. It didn't explode, lose any magic smoke, or even whine a little.

I hooked up an air line, and was a little nervous when I didn't get any compressed air out of it after a couple minutes, but then I realized that I had the valve closed on the air line. Slapped myself across the head, opened the valve, and woohoo, I got air, baby!!

This ended up taking longer than I expected, but that was a result of my crazy schedule and taxiing my kids everywhere, not any real problems with the plan.

Thanks again, all! I appreciate your help and advice.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com

Winkgrin
Wink
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020