HVAC_ air handler/fan
OK Its done.

Thanks Blackhat for all your help and the links. They both were invaluable in getting this fixed.

So, all the checks showed proper voltage to the motor. Thermostat was sending demand. So i figured the board was ok...and only one multimeter probe singed when someone let it slip....made the kids down the hall jump....not going to say what I did...

This unit has the x13 motor which has a module on the end that contains the relays/caps/&some magic smoke.

I was able to remove the module from the motor without removing the fan/motor from the air handler...whew.

When I removed the module, the motor ohm reading looked good so I figured it was just the module.

Had to wait until the supply house opened this morning.

Picked up a new module that had to be programmed specifically for this unit. $150 bucks well spent. I'd hate to know what a company would charge. They were out of the motor itself and didn't know when they would get any so I am glad this worked.

Installed it (2 bolts) in the very tight quarters with not too many foul words....

wired it just like the old one and it fired right up. House is cooling again, swmbo and kids much happier.

Love this forum. I read it nearly every day. Never post. but knew from reading that someone would be able to point me in the right direction. THis is an incredible resource.

Thanks again blackhat. And thanks to all the other contributors that I have learned from.
Glad to be able to help.