LN #9
I see LN no longer carries the LN #9, no doubt cause they have come out with the shootboard plane. I still have two LN #9s, one cast iron and an early bronze one. I never was able to find a decent stanley #9 which can sell for more than the LN model. I dont use these planes much but that doesn't keep me from holding on to them. I bought the bronze on ebay many years ago. It was still in the Garret Wade box which used to be one of the early sellers for LN's. 

Anyone else own and use the #9?

[Image: IMG_2292_zpsgdgzwos8.jpg]
I have and use a LN #9. It is a treasure to admire. Lucky you to have a pair.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Got one. Use it.  Never had much luck with bench planes used to shoot edges.  This does the job.  Mine is the cast iron LN.  I notice yours has no knob or hot dog.  Those are essential in my opinion.
I purchased a cast iron #9 along with the "hot dog" a few years ago after I finally decided to fabricate a shooting board and still do not know why I waited so long to do so.

Like another posted, I found out that my bench plane did not work well as the side and sole were not a right angle. Same with my UK Stanley jointer.  The old #9 LN came to rescue! -- massive plane, and when it moves along nothing will stop it. Just takes 1-2 strokes and all of that mass easily moves. A well sharpened blade highly recommended
Big Grin
Big Grin
I don't have one, but I did notice there was a guy on eBay asking $1500 for his new, still in the box, unopened bronze No. 9.  I doubt he'll get that much for it, but you never know.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I have the knob in the box but no hot dog. I am unpacking my planes trying to decide what to keep out. I got way too many planes and no room  to place them all yet. I only use these #9 planes to shoot end grain and for that they work great. I had two shooting boards made  somehow they were lost in the storage and moves, along with my sleds and all my patterns 

. I havent seen these planes since 2009 and it was good to pull them out of the box. I think I will put the bronze back up and keep the iron one out.
I've got the iron LN No. 9, I use it all the time with the hot dog. I used to use a No. 5 for shooting and I like the 9 so much better. One of these days I'll make a fancy shooting board for it with a sloped ramp and a special miter fence but for now I just use a bench hook. Works like a charm!
(08-10-2016, 09:48 AM)frigator Wrote: Anyone else own and use the #9?

I still have and use my cast iron #9 with the hot dog, but not as much since I picked up the LV shooting plane; that's a real gem...
Cliff
ex-TX, now Maine!