Painting the metal roof on my house?
(08-11-2016, 04:43 PM)Mr_Mike Wrote: 20 years later, what's it look like?  Did it stick?

You know, I never looked at it very closely. From the ground, it looked like any other painted metal roof, I guess.

But what should have taken about three days turned into about two weeks and then a break and then another week. So getting it right obviously turned into a bigger challenge than they had originally anticipated.
No powder coating ime. Put a metal roof on our pavillion last summer, it's painted. It was made by Metal Sales mfg. I've used Fabrall in the past, painted also.

Powder coat wouldn't work, the steel has to be bare, then etched. It wouldn't stick to the galvanizing.

Ed
This is what I anticipated, that it's a complex job. I have heard that Kynar is a superior product, but haven't found a local painter
that knows anything about it. I may have to live with it as it is, or re-roof, which is an expensive job just for esthetics.
I would go to a real paint store and ask or visit a manufacturers website. Lowes used to sell a good and inexpensive, oil based "roof paint" but they no longer sell it here in Md. It was tinted like any other paint. I'm sure it is a VOC thing as Md is one of the tougher states. We painted aluminum boats with it and it would hold up very well. I painted mine about 15 years ago with no issues.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I'm aware of numerous panel manufacturers. None of them use a powder coating. They all start with a baked enamel or kynar finished panel. Check out Fabral, or  Atas or Everlast
I had a metal building painted 20 years ago and lasted 18 years.

You have to find someone who knows what they're doing.

And it will be expensive.