Insulating screen room ceiling
I'm still working on my screen room build and ended up using scissor trusses for the roof. I'm now paneling the ceiling with tongue and groove cedar. I feel like there needs to be insulation between the ceiling and roof, but since it's a screen room, I don't know if I'd be wasting time and money. Would it help keep the room.cool in the summer or not?
If women don't find you handsome, at least let 'em find you handy!
A radiant barrier might help. 

Twinn
Will post for food.
Is that like s foil insulation?
It may cool off quicker in the late evening and nighttime, but get hotter during the sunny days in the summer.
Any chance this will become a 3 season space? If so, yes, insulate. Ventilation of the space is essential anyway.
The sun beats on the roof of my porch on 115 degree days and I don't feel any radiant heat from it. I can't see how it would benefit.

However, I agree that if you ever plan on walling it off in any way, it would be good. Its not expensive, so why not?
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Mr Mike, that's a thought. I don't think I'll wall it off, but you never know what will change in the future.
I always design screen room roofs to have 1-1/2" or 3-1/2" foam rigid insulation on top of the tongue and groove planking.   The thicker if it's to be a 3-4 season room.  I use sleepers at the edges of the foam and every 2' o.c. and then attached roof sheathing on top.  The foam allows space for roofing nails so nothing shows on the inside.
WoodNET... the new safespace
I would definitely insulate it. My porch is nice but that roof radiates heat like nothing else in the summer here. A radiant barrier would be a minimum but remember for a barrier to work the foil has to face an air space. If it's in contact with a surface it does not work.
If you are not conditioning the air, I don't see an advantage.  In fact, I would consider adding a few vents to the space to allow warmer air in the room to migrate to that space.  That, and adding a ridge vent may produce a natural convection that may help cool the screened in room, ... at least to ambient temperatures.