Thanks, Rob!
Just when I thought I had some money in my wallet, Lee Valley goes and introduces Veritas Mortise Chisels.  Available in A2 or PM-V11.  A2 anywhere from $65 to $69 each.  PM-V11 anywhere from $85 to $105 each.

[Image: 05s3102s01.jpg]
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
So are they sash type chisels, or more like tapered pig sticker style?  I can't tell from the marketing.
Aww, geez.
You just had to go ahead and post this, didn't you? I hadn't seen these yet, and my wallet is dragging me into other wants right now.

I have the full set of LV PM-V11 bench chisels. I guess these will have to be added, too.

Sigh
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Look at those rounded bevels! That seems like a good idea.

DC
This is a timely post. I've been waiting for the Ray Illes chisels to be restocked for a long time. These seem comparable
Those are beauties for sure, but so far my Narrex Chisels work just fine.

Steve
Wink 
Lee Valley comes through again with another winner in these mortise chisels!!  I just purchased my first LV PM-V11 Bench Chisel last month, and what a difference in feel and performance to the bench chisels I currently own.  I hope to sell all the old bench chisels I have, and hopefully have enough money to purchase another one of the fine bench chisels.  I have a decent set of mortise chisels that I picked up over the years, but I know where to turn if I need any new ones, or one just happens to get lost or damaged
Wink
Nice chisels for sure and they fill a void in LV's premium chisel line, but somehow, for chopping mortises, I question the "need" for the V11 steel, seems like total overkill; I can't remember a time I ever had to sharpen mortise chisels in mid job because of dullness, and I have what I think is O1 in my Sorby mortising chisels.  Bench chisels, paring chisels where you are doing fine work, sure, I can see why fudge would want V11, but mortise?  I really don't see the value add for this application.  I think LV gets it, as they are also available for 25% less in A1, which should be quite serviceable for most any wood. I guess LV's logic is if you went to the trouble of developing the V11, why not offer it.  Others may differ......
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Hmmmmm never thought about it that way Rich but I have to agree with you. I guess it is the bling factor, but I am not knocking them by no means as they offer excellent tools.

Steve
They sure look nice. I'd call them a "sash mortise chisel" style, just because of the shape of the handles, and the hoops. I'm sure they're very, very nice.

But like Admiral, I've never had to resharpen a mortise chisel mid-mortise, and I use the cheap Narex ones. I'll admire them from afar, but I won't be buying them.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop