Columbian vise rehab IV--paint
Thanks to all you patient Woodnetters who have stuck around for this extending exercise. I apologize for the delays but do have much progress to report.

I managed to paint the vise in spite of the current north Florida monsoons. All of my plans of sun baking went out the window as I scrambled to find a few clear minutes with no rain. First came the primer. It went well.

[Image: DSCN0444.jpg]

Here is a shot of my spray booth in action.

[Image: DSCN0452.jpg]

And here is a close up of the finished product.

[Image: DSCN0455.jpg]

The next step is to do highlights on the raised casting. I have never done that so it will be a challenge. I think it will really bring out the bling. Next comes the vise handle and the vise faces. I have some hickory that should look smashing.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
I like fresh paint on things. Reminds me that my mailbox post needs painting.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Really nicely done ..
Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand

Did I miss rehab part III?
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
(08-13-2016, 03:54 PM)John Clifford Wrote: Did I miss rehab part III?

I might have miscounted. That's probably why they call me "Jimmy Two Naps".

Sleep
Sleep
Sleep
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Smile 
Hey I have that same spray booth!
Laugh  Vise looks good Jim, looking forward to the finished product!
Looking good Jim, nice job. That will be one happy vise when finished 
Big Grin.

Steve
Jim:

I recognize those weeds and undergrowth adjoining your spray booth.  You must live in Killearn too.
John: Struggling along with a "piece of junk" table saw
Strange. I've got one of those vices too.
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Not a suggestion, but I had an old casting that I wanted to paint the raised letters, and lacked the skill, I found that a black sharpie (on light gray painted surface) worked pretty well. You could try one of the metalic silver sharpies that works almost like paint. I will be curious how yours turns out, and how you do it.

Good luck!