Can I live without table saw?
I don't have one, but the Makita is supposed to be a pretty good setup.
A table saw was the first major piece of equipment that I bought.  It will be the last to go.  I have a DeWalt tracksaw and love it for several things.  It is no table saw.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
There are some cuts that you will not be able to do with a tracksaw that you do on a table saw, such as rabbets and dadoes, but there are other ways to do them.  So can you live without a TS?  Really comes down to the type of work you want to do with it.  I've had a festool saw for years now, and it is super at breaking down plywood and doing straight cuts.  And that is without an MFT table, which would probably make it even better.  Still there are things that the TS is great to have.  Tenoning with a jig, rabbits, etc.  If I could not have the space for a shop, I would still keep the track saw.  Do what you gotta do and don't look back.
I don't own a table saw, but do own EZ-1 smart table system. link ( http://www.eurekazone.com/Default.asp). This isn't an advertisement for them, its what I use. I can do everything I want but it requires a little thought for setup since the orientation of the saw is upside down compared to a table saw. I like the safety aspect of having the spinning blade separated from fingers by the secured workpiece. Some cuts such as finger joints, dados, and tenon cheeks are more of a pain to setup or execute. I basically use more handtools to make these cuts, but you can always build your own jigging system that wouldn't be much different than using a tenoning. The tracksaw is easy to move to other worksites. Although it is a great tool for breaking down sheet goods, it is an excellent tool for solid wood also. A table saw is much easier to setup for production work. I also use the EZ system for my router and have done regular edgework as well as tunnel routing. It works like a router table but again is upside down. You use your own, currently owned circular saw or router and attach them. The techniques for tablesaw use are well known and documented, whereas the variety of uses for tracksaws are less known... so learning on the web is much more limited. Give a tracksaw a try then decide if you want to sell the table saw.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
I could never get rid of my table saw. That's where I stack parts between the bandsaw and lathe operations.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
@scenerymaker: Ha! But so true. Mine is usually where I layout my sketches/plans and set the dust collector remote. The rails are a convenient place to gang my ear muffs too ?
-Marc

I can't imagine having a track saw, in place of my ts.  I rip narrow strips quite a bit, which takes seconds on a ts. Sometimes ripping a 1/2" x 1/2" piece into 1/8" strips.
Sometimes rip narrow grooves, with multiple passes on the ts. Sometimes with a dado blade.
I don't have the patience of a saint, and I think trying to use a track saw instead of a ts, for a lot of cuts, would drive me crazy. Or crazier, as my wife says!
The only thing I use a saw guide for is for cutting sheets in half (4') Lengthwise, I use the ts.
I'm sure a track saw has it's place. Just not in my shop.
But to each, his own.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
If "health and slowing down" is the main issue, how is constantly lifting and pushing a track/circular saw going to work for you better than a table saw?
Exactly what I was thinking.  Many pieces of wood that I push through my TS are lighter than a track saw.  And the more I cut off them the lighter they get.  The track saw weighs the same every time you pick it up. 

For me, when I can't push wood through my TS anymore I'll know it's time to stop - and go back to fishing.  

John
(08-15-2016, 05:43 PM)daveferg Wrote: ... Would a track saw replace some of the function of a table saw... 

Yes, but not all of the functions. Track saw is wonderful for breaking down unwieldy sized pieces but won't replace a TS. 

Only you can decide if you need to keep your TS and it totaly depends on what you plan on doing in the future. If you are unsure, keep it regardless of space considerations. 

I'd probably spend more time looking for creative ways to maximize space utilization than getting rid of a machine that I will need at some point.

If you didn't already have the TS, I say don't go out and buy one; just make do with the other equipment. But, since you already have it ....