New home AV Receiver
Upgraded our tv and audio a few months ago.

Bought a Yamaha RX V681BL receiver and am very happy with it and sound quality.

I have hard wired zones now for the shop and the screened porch. Also Supports more wireless speakers than I'll ever use.

iPad and iPhone app to control it is easy. I never touch the front panel.

I use a klipsch sound bar and sub woofer so don't use the 5.2 option but was able to configure an HDMI reverse audio channel so the receiver plays through the sound bar, too. It's kind of like a 3rd zone.

The wireless speakers are like the Sonos type systems. I've not bought one yet but will once it's too cold for the porch. Like all the other wireless speaker systems each unit is mono. The Yamaha can be set up so two wireless speakers can become the left and right channels, but honestly if the speaker is background noise in the kitchen or office I'm not going to notice stereo audio so I'm not too concerned about that.

Bought via Crutchfield. Reviews have been top notch for the Yamaha. I love the iPad app.

Mike
I was replacing a Marantz that the girl friend had been happy with so I went with another Marantz SR5011.

I'll let everyone know how it works out.