Problem with dark finish on teak desk
I have a teak desk that is finished with a dark stain of some sort -- very dark brown. Problem is that it either wasn't the right type of stain for the wood or it wasn't sealed properly. Over time, the finish has rubbed off where I rest my hands when typing. My hands get brown from the stain and it's even transferred to my mousepad. Very annoying! 

I'd like to strip the desk, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I don't know what type of finish I'm dealing with and I know that teak can be a tricky wood. Should I just get a hand sander and go to town? Or would a chemical stripper be better? Any advice would be appreciated. I have no idea what I'm doing!

Get a chemical stripper.  Get the one with the most stringent safety warnings and then take the project outside and work at it.  If you can't work at it outside set up some fans and get a respirator and pads that are rated for your stripper's compounds.  A sander won't get stuff out of the pores like a stripper will - sand after stripping.

JMO & YMWV
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Thanks for the advice!