Pop. Woodworking Excellence Awards for 2016
Congratulations to the winners of the recent awards! 

Having followed the closely reported construction steps on this and other forums provided by Derek Cohen for the hand reproduction of Wegner's CNC and machine made original of "The Chair", I can only say the glib  short summary provided by PWM can't come close to revealing the discipline, precision, and effort Derek must have put into his reproduction.  We tend to be blind to the details and solutions makers are challenged to resolve when producing a 'winner'. Many thanks to Derek for sharing his processes and techniques while creating "the chair".

Bruce

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/woodwo...ds-winners
What Bruce said!
Skip

Congrats, Derek, your work and sharing of ideas with our group is amazing and appreciated!

Kevin
Well I certainly didn't mean to be insincere and shallow – it's truly stunning work. Sorry if it read that way – I have nothing but respect for Derek and his work.
Hi Megan

First of all, a big thank you once again for organising the event, and then overseeing what can be the thankless task of judging - there were many pieces worthy of being a winner, and many "unofficial" judges with opinions. 

I was very flattered by your kind words. They must also be read from a journalist's need for brevity, and I felt that you said a lot in such a little space. I was just one of several to cram in, but I notforonemoment thought, she could have said more. I am delighted!

And Bruce ... thank you for bringing this to the attention of all. I was not aware the announcement had been made. And thanks also for your praise. It is encouragements like this that help motivate each other here to greater heights.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
I need to check each and every word I use in writing. I am lazy, and that fact caused an inadvertent slur, possibly due to our evolving language but, likely, fuzzy memory. Certainly, no offense was intended toward PWM author(s) of the announcement. I guess that would be Ms Fitzpatrick.  My apology.

Megan could never concentrate into the short [glib] summary all of the work done by the individual woodworkers. It was by Mr. Cohen's detailed construction progress reports that we are able to appreciate the efforts of the winners to resolve challenges in completing their submissions.  

A possible edit of my overly verbose and convoluted praise for the Excellence Awards would encompass both brevity and glibness, by removing all text following the first paragraph. Therefore:

"Congratulations to the winners of the recent awards!" 

Bruce

Ps. I prefer the original post; and to hell with Google and its butchered abbreviations of word definitions. I can also see how some definitions progress from innocuous to unmentionable and censored.
Let's not forget that Richard Wile also did well - Reader's Choice for his nightstand. Interesting design!

Well done Richard!

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Thanks Derek, this was a very cool honour. Interesting that we both won with Danish-inspired designs.

All the best,

Richard
Richard D. Wile
Nova Scotia - Canada.

http://richard-wile.blogspot.com/