"Free Wood" you earn
This is over 3000lbs of maple plywood and 10-12 sheets of maple colored slat wall. It was all assembled fabric cabinets 36 hours ago at the local bankrupt Hancock Fabrics building. A buddy and I disassembled them and removed all the nails and screws and hauled them home (three more than full truck loads) to get a new life as storage project making materials for the new shop and any other project we think up. That 16.5 hours of work for me and five of those hours working with my buddy Tony, and we saved about 40 sheets of 4x8 maple plywood from a landfill. Happy Labor Day weekend.

[Image: IMG_20160904_151743_zpsdktnwuex.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160904_151730_zpsfqwch7fc.jpg]

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Laugh   sounds like some silly thing I might do
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

For a minute there I thought you were talking about salvaging that wood from those pallets.

I understand some folks do that.

It would be tough to do with all of that plywood sitting on top of them.  Probably not worth the effort - but you never can tell about some folks.

Winkgrin
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
Was this a "take it all or none at all" or "take what you can carry" proposition? I've got a Hancock down the street from me. Maybe I need to poke around. I couldn't store as much as you, though.

I bought some wood display shelving years ago from a clothing retailer that was remodeling--$2 each. They were about 3' square each, solid maple, and already finished. Toughest things those shelves ever saw were some sweaters. Other than the edges needing some finish, they were excellent to work with. Already planed down, sanded, and finished. I miss that stash.
Awesome haul Mike
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

My friend bought the place. He actually started gutting it even before he called me. His plan is to move in and Indian grocery store so some shelving is staying but most is going to the landfill. He offered me most anything I wanted that he did not want to keep. I took what i could manage.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

have a market for bookcases where you are?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Nice Gloat Mike

All I would need is 3 of them to do what we need which is mostly drawers and a bigger cabinet.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
"Free Wood- you earn"

For a minute there I thought maybe if I washed your truck, I'd get the free wood.