Extras for spray finishing - What tape, paper, cleaning accessories?
It'll only be a couple more weeks before I start spraying some projects, and I'm trying to make sure I cover all the bases so I don't get distracted or find myself lacking some of the essentials at a critical moment. If I'm overthinking this, then so be it, but I'd like to be thorough.

For those of you who a proficient at spray finishing your wood projects, both round and flatwork, can you give me an idea of which materials you use for the following;

Tapes - For taping off or covering areas you don't want getting finish on. Just the blue painters tape, or something else? I'll need a clean line on some projects, and I don't want anything bleeding through.

Paper - I have several free rolls of fairly thick brown kraft paper that I can use to cover larger areas I don't want to get finished or oversprayed. Will that be okay, or should I use plastic?

Cardboard sheets, tarps - I have about a dozen large 4'x8' sheets of cardboard for putting down on the floor or for providing cover to the surrounding walls. I also have several plastic and heavy cloth painters tarps.

Cleanup - I have ammonia, Dawn, some cleaning brushes, boxes of lint free rags, a few quart and gallon cups, cans, and bins. I also have a 5 gal bucket for any soaking needed.

Am I missing anything you consider to be essential, or even advantageous?

Thanks in advance!!
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
I have a roll of very thin plastic I use for covering walls, machinery, etc. those thin plastic drop cloths sold in paint store work too. Rosin paper is taped to the floor. No problems with what you plan to do.

If you want a clean line you definitely want Frog yellow tape, put the tape on and moisten the edge lightly with a damp rag so that it seals. Works very well.
Greg,

I don't know what finish you're going to be using but here's what I generally like to have on hand.  It does vary from finish to finish and/or project size.

Thinner or reducing agent
Sandpaper/pads
Plastic sealable measuring cups (paint stores or BORG)
Cardboard scraps
Mason jars for soaking of parts or brushes for thinner
Possibly some wood filler (sparkle, Bondo, Timbermate, etc.)
A 5 gallon slop bucket is a good idea too.
Respirator
Portable lights

Most of what I spray dry falls to the ground and the Stihl blower makes pretty quick work of it in the garage.  I will put down some cardboard on the floor right beneath my project.  Sometimes I spread out a cheap tarp and take the tarp outside to shake it out.

Generic "kraft" paper is OK as protection from casual overspray but if you wanted to use it as a table covering and then sprayed stuff right on top of the table, it could get a pretty good soaking.  In that case, either plastic or the special masking paper that has a coating to resist absorption.  Maybe even rosin paper would work.  So far, I've just used plastic.  Discovered I can get shower curtain liners at the $1 for $1 Store (duh) and those are a convenient size.

Roll of the heavy-duty blue paper towels & some shop rags.  

I've seen a couple of clever applications of masking tape and paper called "back masking".  Essentially what they are doing is putting the masking material on the backside of a project and letting it hang down under or into an opening.  If you're spraying a door and have it propped up on a table, the overspray can bounce under and maybe cause you some extra sanding.  Back masking is taping off from the backside and letting the tape or paper hang down so it forms a skirt.  Since this isn't a case of where you have finish directly impinging on the surface, they can get away with the cheaper tape instead of spending money on Frog Tape.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Something I noticed left out of the above suggestions (unless I overlooked it) are paint strainers. I always strain what goes into my spray cups just in case I knocked something into the finish while I was mixing/thinning/whatever. HF actually has them very cheap in 2 meshes, I have a box of each and seem to recall they were $5/100 or so.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks for the suggestions thus far, guys.

KCFS, I'll definitely grab some of those suggestions. I had forgotten about those resealable plastic cups. Great idea. Mason jars I have in droves.

I have a roll of 3 mil clear plastic, Rob. I can use that. Probably  600sq/ft. I also have lots of the blue tape, masking tape, and reinforced waxed tape.

No Frog tape. I'll grab a roll for those critical spots.

I have the strainers from HF, Fred.

Keep 'em coming!
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
One of the best things to have are a few of the portable clamp lights. Set them up low so you get raking light across what you are spraying. There is nothing more important than seeing what your spraying and raking light will show it best.
Rusty
Poppa's Woodworks
So, MrGregWho'sTallerThanMostIndians, what sprayer do you have?
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Yup, I have a couple dozen of those I can borrow from my photography equipment. I probably don't need to use the 5500 kelvin lamps in them, though.

Steve, I bought the QualSpray AM-6008/PPS setup that John reviewed in the other thread here.

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Super!
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020