Where did all the good sandpaper go?
Typically I handplane/scrape then shellac or Laquer, so I haven't bought sandpaper in 5(?) years or so except for the 2k-12k stuff you use on pens.  Doing some boxes now and wanted to first time try Danish Oil.  LAST time I bought sandpaper I bought some of these 3M blue, red, yellow (60, 150, 320) sponges, and some other floppy purple net-sponge-clothlike stuff.  I really, really liked both but ran through the last of my stash pretty quick owing to wetsanding the Danish Oil.

Off to the store(s).  Lowes, Borg, and Ace:  all they had was paper sheet or the basically ungraded (coarse, med, fine) "sanding sponges".  What happened to the good stuff?  

I did find some grey 3M spongy stuff on Amazon but WOW was it expensive!
MAKE: Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out...  www.makezine.com

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Try Klingspor, Lee Valley, Rockler, Highland Springs, etc.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
why are you looking at the borg for good stuff?

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

3M sanding sponges are expensive. The sponge is the selling point in all reality. Cut your own paper and wrap it around the sponge. Change when needed. I buy Harbor Freight sponges. They are dirt cheap and they work well. They are no different than the ones sold individually at my Ben Moore store. For sanding disc, I mail order everything from 2sand.com. Rhynogrip paper, excellent quality and great prices. Buying anything sanding related from the BORG is expensive.

Mirka for my 6" disc sanders (Amazon), and Harbor Freight sponge blocks when hand sanding knocking down the finish between coats.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020