Not quiet a "MIkiespace", but then
27 gallons of paint later and this is what I have. My S-I-L has access to an airless pro level sprayer, so I rolled the primer onto the ceiling of the storage room (the yellow room) and it took me about 5 hours over 3 days (1 coat a day). Old guys just shouldn't roll ceilings...especially 10' ones. So my S-I-L got the sprayer and sprayed the rest of the primer...took him about 5 hours to do the remaining ceiling and all the walls. It also took about another 16-18 gallons of primer, a lot of which I swept up later. No mind, it was well worth. Then 5 gallons of color. The yellow was for visibility as well as not be so drab, the light blue in the shop room is actually light gray depending on the lighting. That open area in the back left of the yellow room (no outlets) is where I'll put lumber racks for the wood stash. I'm moving my tools in to get them out of the garage (make room for the truck), but the shop isn't near ready yet. No heat, no ceiling insulation, and no DC ductwork. The ductwork will be up before I set the tools in place. Anyway:

[Image: paint1_copy.jpg]

[Image: pa_INT2_copy.jpg]
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
That fresh drywall sure does suck up the paint. Looks big, and empty, gonna have to move in before long. It gets to be a balance of woodworking, without all the help for a while. You have to build cabinets, benches, and counter space first, then you can do some woodworking. Still trying to do all of that with mine, but I have started just doing some stuff before I'm done, was killing me. Hopefully you don't have the analysis paralysis I had.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
So love airless sprayers! Looks great!

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Very nice! So is this your retirement shop, Fred?
(10-06-2017, 12:20 AM)Cian Wrote: Very nice!  So is this your retirement shop, Fred?

Yeppir, at 69 this will be the last one I ever have....I just hope I get some years out of it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(10-06-2017, 05:26 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Yeppir, at 69 this will be the last one I ever have....I just hope I get some years out of it.

Soo love your orange Johnny in the background too. Id be sooo lost without my Johnny.

I have to admit, it's turned out to be really useful...especially after I bought pallet forks for it.
Yes! Pallet forks on tractor and good working pallet jack in the shed. Makes you quickly learn to spot a good pallet or build your own.

It turned out really nice Fred.

Big Grin