Not quiet a "MIkiespace", but then
(09-13-2017, 05:34 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Not quite sure why, but only one of the 2 pics I put into that drywall post shows up. I'm still trying to get the hang of using Google photos after the PB bomb. Anyway,the room in the pic is the storage rrom, and it looks smaller since the partition divides the building roughly 60/40. Here's the shop room. Getting it painted, installing the outlets, insulating and adding heat are next up.

[Image: LdW_NINYNXEuBx3GzNMkxbRPdQpVdbCBdxxfdUUA...25-h550-no]

Shop is a 3/8" square?
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(09-13-2017, 08:40 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Shop is a 3/8" square?
Winkgrin

Chit! Why did it work for one and not the other?

OK, let me try this:
[Image: 1stctshopsm.jpg]
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
No idea. Google pics seem to be off and on.

Lookin good.
Yes
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Fred

I am never going to speak to you again, no never, nope ever ever again.  Well until tomorrow anyway. 
Laugh
Laugh

That building would be everything we need for room with more then 2 guys to work from.

My wife has been saving some money without me knowing for well since I got hurt and home in 2009.  She hired QSI to put in a metal building for me but with a garage on the end for my BIL's truck.  The building will be total of 24x32x10 and my side will be 24x18x10 which is a little more then my 16x18 shop now, but at least a wheel chair can make it around there now.

I will be making a post with the stages tomorrow.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(09-13-2017, 11:07 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Fred

I am never going to speak to you again, no never, nope ever ever again.  Well until tomorrow anyway. 
Laugh
Laugh

That building would be everything we need for room with more then 2 guys to work from.

My wife has been saving some money without me knowing for well since I got hurt and home in 2009.  She hired QSI to put in a metal building for me but with a garage on the end for my BIL's truck.  The building will be total of 24x32x10 and my side will be 24x18x10 which is a little more then my 16x18 shop now, but at least a wheel chair can make it around there now.

I will be making a post with the stages tomorrow.

What happened to the free city building?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

WOW.....Great Shop Space!!! Congratulations!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
(09-19-2017, 03:50 PM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: WOW.....Great Shop Space!!!   Congratulations!

Great looking shop Fred!
Congratulations!
I think you will be fine with the 100 Amps off the house if this is a one or two man shop.
I have a 30 x 40 one man shop behind my house in Montana and did just that, ran a 100 amp service off of the house panel and it has been totally fine.
Our utility charges a meter fee $15- per month or more for each meter so that would have been the case if I put a new service at the shop.
I trenched and ran all the wiring for the shop from the panel as well as the wiring and panel in the shop. It may be different if you need a welder and compressor feed that you will be running together all the time, but for woodworking equip you should have plenty of power.
Good luck with your new shop, that looks like a very fine setup!
Gordon
(09-09-2016, 12:38 PM)fredhargis Wrote: I'm only a hobbyist. When we moved to this place I gave up my shop and a 32x40 pole barn we had at the last house. The pole barn was really nice since it had a concrete floor. Here, all we have is a 32x50 machine shed (pole barn with a gravel floor) so I had to do something. What I came up with was a 32x50x10 building that will replace both my old shop and part of the pole barn. Right now I'm thinking that 30' of it will be shop, and 20' will be for the pole barn stuff that needs a concrete floor. Anyway, they just got finished with the shell last Tuesday, and here is what I have:

The backside, the storage portion will be on the left:
[Image: doneSsm_zpslpxjsjgq.jpg]

This is the front/side. The small OH door is for access to the shop area (lumber, etc.). I think the color difference is due to the time of day (or I screwed with the white balance).
[Image: doneEsm_zpskkr9w8on.jpg]

Lastly, the inside. I did have it framed with 2x6 lumber to be able to insulate better. the rest of the work is on me, I'll get power (someday) and then finish the inside.
[Image: insidesm_zpsq62yspzi.jpg]

Fred

I would wet my pants for a week just stepping into a big shop like that.  Well not for a week anyway.
Laugh   We could do almost anything we want in there.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Thanks, Arlin. I'm pretty happy with it myself. Should work out well if I ever get moved in.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(09-13-2017, 01:21 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: What happened to the free city building?

Mike

That will be when we get the $695 for the Non Profit first.  So far we have had $100 donated to us and hope others will help later.  It is a catch 22 for us since no one wants do donate before we are a non profit and we can not get the non profit until we get the money.

The $695 was a great thing by a tip from a turner in Woodturning Resources website and it is called Legal Zoom and will do the WHOLE thing for that price.  Then advertise for more funds that will be tax deductible so when we get the building we will have enough for the utilities, insurance and other tools we will need.