exclusive firewood
working on a saw for a woodnetter, produced some quite exclusive firewood.

[Image: IMG_1485.JPG]
Been there, know the feeling, as in that sinking feeling in your stomach when you realize you're made an unrecoverable error on a piece you've been working on for a day and half. Sometimes the time investment is the biggest loss compared to the value of the material.

Ron
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/
Whatever that might have been supposed to be, I wouldn't call it firewood.  I would set it aside, let it stew, and someday the realization would come to me what it can be.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
(09-10-2016, 10:23 AM)Ron Brese Wrote: Been there, know the feeling, as in that sinking feeling in your stomach when you realize you're made an unrecoverable error on a piece you've been working on for a day and half. Sometimes the time investment is the biggest loss compared to the value of the material.

Ron

+1 Amen.
Smile
BontzSawWorks.net
Pedder, yesterday I recieved an email from an English fellow toolmaker who had a bad day as well. His conclusion:

Those of us who don’t make mistakes, don’t make
Smile

A lot of truth as I think...

Klaus
I don't see the problem, mind pointing it out?
(09-10-2016, 11:23 PM)Matt Williams Wrote: I don't see the problem,  mind pointing it out?
Hi Matt,

one slot it too wide and one slot is out of line. This is my standard problem in saw making
and the reason TLT exists. Klaus started saw handlemaking because I made this mistake
a few times on his saw handle.

Cheers
Pedder
Why not use
  - the wide slot for a thicker plate, (as needed for a compass saw or table saw)
  - the crooked slot for left-hand or right-hand offset handle, (wanted by some people who find that more comfortable)
[Image: IMG_1487%255B1%255D.JPG]
#3 has passed the difficult stages.

One thing I've learned as a tool maker: destroy seconds. Destroy unperfect work.
Otherwise it will come back to you one way or the other.

Cheers Pedder
That's truly ironic Pedder: I went out to cut some fire wood and ended up with some fine art!

[Image: d72ee8131d4371ffe454b8f81849448f.jpg]

Smirk
Smirk
Smirk
Smirk
Smirk
Smirk

[apologies to the real artist that made that bear, apparently Curt Weinhold]