Crucible Tool second release
I think need is being used loosely. What I think is there is a need for certain tools that have a set of features that people want; they talk to quite a few woodworkers, so I suspect they have gleaned many ideas and made a business case for Crucible Tools based on that; Medium volume, heirloom tools with the subtle features people are willing to pay for that push the tools into 'improved' territory. I think their market is the same as Bad Axe Tool Works.

As for the second offering ... I have a hard time justifying $120 on a divider. Even if I was a professional, I can't imagine what features I would want to make a divider cost that much. Maybe the tips are unbreakable or something. I would have to wait for a product description telling the benefits of that particular divider before dropping that much on it.
I WANT one!!  but will have to continue using my old vintage one(s) for a while because the new LN catalogue came out today and I HAVE TO HAVE the sharpening guide!!

Don
Don, I tried to return your PM to me but your messages are turned off you need to turn them on to receive messages.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.