Midwest heroes.. need help getting tool from OH to IA
we have a lathe, aabout 4' tall, 5.5' long, and couple feet wide, that needs to get to our very own Arlin.  Oh it weighs quite a bit.  I would estimate it is in the 600-800# range.  it's definitely going to require a truck to haul.  I'm in the columbus ohio area, but get to cincy and toledo frequently.  If someone could get it from me there, and then get it to iowa, or somewhere west, that would be great.
My Day Job
well, bye.
Any idea on shipping cost? Set up a way to donate and I would be happy to contribute, if you can't get some free labor from another member.
that's not a bad idea.. i have a commercial shipping account. i'll check with them.
My Day Job
well, bye.
(09-14-2016, 08:25 AM)closed for business Wrote: that's not a bad idea.. i have a commercial shipping account. i'll check with them.

Josh if you end up shipping, let me know. I was trying to figure out how to get some Wood out there, and I don't have a shipping account, but I do have some wood, and a few $$$$$$$ to throw in the pot.

Oh yeah, good on you
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
how long is the wood? send me a pm, with widths and specs and such.
My Day Job
well, bye.
8' or less in length, and probably not much over 6" width. Total probably around 100 bd/ft mixed species.

GW
Res delivery with liftgate 330.77 with roadrunner
terminal hold for pickup would be from Omaha $251.18 with roadrunner
My Day Job
well, bye.
Would that include a small wood pile?

GW
i didn't see yours until after i posted.. ill ask about adding.
My Day Job
well, bye.
This sort of thing is called 'Ruckering' over on the OWWM board. Nicknamed after Mr Rucker who was a master at getting heavy machined moved across the country little by little by other members. Of course the guys that are into old machines generally have trailers, trucks, moving tools. Depends on the members but it is usually done free or for some cash changes hands to help on gas.

I have had two machines Ruckered to another members house and picked them up there and picked them up.
I have found how much a boat is used is inversely related to how much it weighs.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight kayaks