Walnut shavings
Somehow the server ate my original post. It was full of beautiful pictures and scintillating writing--some of my best efforts. Ugh! All I wanted to do was post some eye candy for those stuck at work today. Here are some of the best walnut shavings pictures without the blather.

[Image: DSCN0611.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0609.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0604.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0612.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0620.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0619.jpg]

Good walnut is just a joy to plane. The shavings peel off like little strips of butter. I love to work it and managed to squeeze in about 45 minutes this morning before having my daily heatstroke. Just waiting for the chill of fall here in north Florida. Hope those with day jobs enjoyed the eye candy.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Walnut is my favorite wood there is!
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

Must be walnut day today.  I brought a walnut burl bowl I turned into work today.  It's my favorite smelling wood, followed by aromatic cedar and sassafras.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Thanks.  It is such lovely wood, walnut.