Have no idea what has invaded my yard
(09-15-2016, 01:36 PM)Cub_Cadet_GT Wrote: I bet it is skunks digging for grubs.

This is what so many people have told me and I would never had guessed it. It seems like it was a one day event. I raked the yard today and no grass came up as if grubs were eating at it. I believe he looked but did not find any and has moved on. I wish him well.
Smile
John T.
Here, it is a sign of Armadillos.

On a larger scale- domestic hogs.

However, depending on the hole size and type, squirrels, opossums and skunks can do the same.

Place some cardboard out and dust it with talcum powder and see if you get any footprints.
(09-14-2016, 06:54 AM)JosephP Wrote: For the skunks, you could try a live trap.  Somebody told me if you hold a blanket or tarp and walk slowly towards the trap you can drop that over the trap and they won't spray.  Let me know if that works out for you...I never tried.  

(09-14-2016, 07:22 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Please video that if you choose to do it!
Laugh
Laugh

i did a lil bit of pest removal years ago. thought the boss was trying to get a good laugh tellin me to do that. he even had a few blankets just for it, which i thought he was full of bs because they didnt smell.i let him show me a few times 1st.
after that, about 50 skunks trapped in metro detroit and not once sprayed.
but video it anyways just in case its like a downtown detroit skunk!!
Laugh
Sounds like Skunks to me also . http://www.qcsupply.com/spray-proof-skun...Ad%20Group
What the Heck, Give it a Try
After a week my friend is back. I noticed it yesterday and he was digging even deeper this time. I bought some stuff you spray on the lawn from Home Depot that I am going to try. I am now getting annoyed. I thought it was a hit or miss. He did not even trip my motion light. He knew to stay to the side of the shed. He will not win. 
No
No
No
John T.
(09-22-2016, 09:12 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: After a week my friend is back. I noticed it yesterday and he was digging even deeper this time. I bought some stuff you spray on the lawn from Home Depot that I am going to try. I am now getting annoyed. I thought it was a hit or miss. He did not even trip my motion light. He knew to stay to the side of the shed. He will not win. 
No
No
No

I wish you the best, because while "he" may not win, he has 100's of friends/cousins who will take his place. I had a problem with coons earlier this year. Since then I think I've dispatched 12 of 'em. All was good for about a month, then guess what? Another scat pile on the deck. One last suggestion, consider getting one of those electric dog fence chargers (the ones made for cattle may kill the critters) and put a wire around the area of the offence. a shock or 2 may train them to go over to the neighbors  yard.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
What I do not understand is my neighbor has a beautiful manicured lawn with lushes garden and flowers beds but instead this rodent wants to dig in my dried out depleted yard. Had the lights on yesterday and all it did was give him light to see where he wanted to dig. i thought they did not like the light. I actually did get to see it yesterday and yes it is a skunk. Wonder what Bill Murray is doing these days. Maybe a visit from him will do the trick
Smile
John T.
(09-22-2016, 09:12 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: After a week my friend is back. I noticed it yesterday and he was digging even deeper this time. I bought some stuff you spray on the lawn from Home Depot that I am going to try. I am now getting annoyed. I thought it was a hit or miss. He did not even trip my motion light. He knew to stay to the side of the shed. He will not win. 
No
No
No

Time for a trip to Cabelas to get a pellet gun.  They are a lot different from those I used as a youth.  1200 fps muzzle velocity in .177 caliber is enough to take out groundhogs with an accurate head shot (I've done that a number of times), so it will take out a skunk.  Problem is if you don't have a NJ firearms ID card you have to get one, as a BB or pellet gun is classified as a firearm.  If you need one, you can apply at your local police dept, takes about a month, maybe 6 weeks, depending on your local PD.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/GAMO-VARM...6CQ_st%3Db
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(09-23-2016, 09:42 AM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: What I do not understand is my neighbor has a beautiful manicured lawn with lushes garden and flowers beds but instead this rodent wants to dig in my dried out depleted yard. Had the lights on yesterday and all it did was give him light to see where he wanted to dig. i thought they did not like the light. I actually did get to see it yesterday and yes it is a skunk. Wonder what Bill Murray is doing these days. Maybe a visit from him will do the trick
Smile

It's possible that your neighbors lush, green yard doesn't have some of the things that attract the skunks (the grubs)..and may be why your yard is depleted. Might it be that they are doing you a favor?
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Look at it as free rota-tilling. 
Winkgrin

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.