Lamp suggestion for Workbench
I always see Rob Cosman's videos and I am jealous of his Bench light.  
[Image: bench-front-view.jpg]

Does anyone know where I could get that one?  I have seen the Lee Valley one, but I think it comes with a magnifying glass... I don't need that part; I am just looking for a durable light that I can swing around and move back and forth alot and it hold up.

Thoughts?
ikea.
Generic term is "student lamp," and you can find them lots of places, including thrift stores and yard sales (now and again, of course; not like retail).

The base is clever.
The original Luxo lamps on which these are modeled are excellent but very expensive. Most furniture stores will have acceptable knock-offs in the lighting section. I got a cheap one for about $15, and I use it ALL THE TIME. It has a post that goes into a 1/2" hole in a cheap plastic stand. I drilled 1/2" holes at various locations in the back of my workbench, threw out the stand, and just move it from hole to hole as needed. It's the perfect workbench lamp. I really should get a second one.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Walmart sells a version also.  Only $14.97.  Google Adjustable Task Lamp or Architect's Lamp.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I have been thinking of ordering this one....I use a magnifying light at my sharpening station and might like one for the bench too since my eyesight is not that great. For close work it will be handy. Looks like it extends out a good ways too, 47inches.  Expensive but probably good quality from Lee Valley:

http://www.leevalley.com/US/Wood/page.as...43349&ap=2
Neighbor gave me the one from LV. It is very nice!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(09-14-2016, 04:14 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: Neighbor gave me the one from LV. It is very nice!

I've got one over my workbench.  It's always on when I'm over the bench.
chris
I replaced my bench mounted lamp with a twin tube LED florescent light fixture hung above the bench.  You can also get LED replacement tubes for a standard shop light.  I recall that they are about $35/pr.  The light is incredible and my bench is much less cluttered.
On one of my benches I have two as your pictures shows mounted near the leg vise.  On the other end by the wagon vise I have two of the desk top lights with the heavy flat base.  I can quickly slid them around to get the light just where I want it. I have never bought a new one, I just pick them up every time I see one at yard sales or  flea markets.  I have never paid more than two dollars, sometimes only a dollar.  And you usually get the bulb.  One thing, most folks don't buy them because they have lost the plastic base, but a woodworker doesn't care, a block of wood with half inch hole and your done.  I particularly like them because I position them below eye level and I can see better.

Ken